chapter 20

The acceptance

Beast City...

In the bustling metropolis of Beast City, the once-mighty ape King finds himself in the depths of despair after the mysterious disappearance of his mate. His sorrow weighs heavily on him, leaving him questioning the very purpose of his existence.

Other Kings are also tense about the future of the city, as the ape King is the most important leading role.

Nonetheless, no one is pushing him out of power. Because he is the most capable among the apes.

But who knows? Maybe there is someone!!

When the ape King is depressed after losing his mate, there is another one who is mourning over his mate as he watches helplessly over his comatose mate.

His heart is heavy with guilt for past transgressions, he searches desperately for answers to her condition.

Amongst everything the Leopard King is the only one who can support the city of beastman. But what a shame none of his cubs has the potential to be a ruler.

Anyway, somehow the Tiger King found out about Winston's recovery from that deadly poison. He wants to know who the healer that pulled him out of death. He wishes to ask his brother despite the strained relationship between them.

But there is a barrier that is stopping him. Because he is too ashamed to face his brother.

Nonetheless, after all of his self-blame, guilt and sorrow he finally made up his mind to call Winston. He knows nothing is going to be easy because the relationship they used to have has faded away with his selfishness.

He walks out of his castle and orders a nearby guard to call for Winston. Then suddenly changed his mind and said, "It's okay you and continue your work."

.
.
.

----------------

Alina's POV...

I am now healthy and back in shape after childbirth. Thank God, my cubs are also healthy and lively.

I think it's time to accept Shu and Muir.

Yeah, Muir, Winston said he is a strategic beastman but he is not a bad addition to the family.

I also did like him.

So, today I planned to inform them of my answer to their courtship. But I guess there would be a lot of discussions after my acceptance.

First of all, I don't want to get pregnant until my cubs are one year old. That means giving birth once a year like other females here.

This is for my health and safety. Also, I don't want to be pregnant all around the year just because I can, I mean this world is so beautiful I want to live freely and enjoy going around with my mates.

(End of POV)

------------------

As the weather is too cold they are preventing themselves from going outside of their house. Also, they have plenty of food for at least five grown-up adults. So, Alina asked Winston if it was okay to invite Shu and Muir to live with us.