Chapter 12: A Downed Dragon Is A Dead Dragon

Astrid Is Running Through The Forest and Gets To The Great Hall But When She Got In, She Didn't see Gobber or Her Friends.

"Where Are They? Oh Right. They Were Having That Campfire Tonight."

We Then Get To Gobber Telling The Story Of How He Lost His Hand and Leg.

"And With One Twist, He Took My Hand and Swallowed It Whole. I Saw The Look On His Face. I Was Delicious. It Wasn't A Month Before Another One Of Them Took My Leg."

"Oohh, That Must've Been Hard Gobber. Living Without A Hand and A Leg" Said Heather

"Eh Not Really" Said Gobber

"That's Awesome!" Says Dagur, Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

We See Astrid Walking Up To The Campfire.

"Hey Guy's. Sorry I'm Late." Said Astrid.

"Where Have You Been This Time Astrid?" Asks Gustav.

"Uhhhhhh......"

Astrid Looking At Everyone Scared What To Say. So She Chose To Say...

"Nowhere"

"Uuuuugggggghhhhhhh, How Come You Get To Go To This Nowhere Place A Lot?" Says Tuffnut

"Ugh, Muttonheads" Says Snotlout

"Come On Astrid, Join Us. We're At The Part Where The Monstrous Nightmare Took My Hand And Leg."

"Sure"

Astrid Then Sits Next To Fishlegs.

"Isn't It Weird To Think Your Hand Was Inside A Dragon? Like If Your Mind Was Still In Control Of It, You Could've Killed The Dragon From Inside By Cruahing His Heart Or Something."

"I Swear I'm So Angry Right Now! I'll Avenge Your Beautiful Hand and Your Beautiful Foot. I'll Chop Off The Legs Off Of Every Dragon I Fight, With My Face" Says Snotlout

"Now That's More Like It Snot-Face" Says Dagur

"ugh"

"It's The Wings And The Tails You Really Want. If It Can't Fly, It Can't Get Away. A Downed Dragon, is A Dead Dragon"

(Gasps)

Astrid Then Remembers Toothless Trying To Fly Away But Couldn't, and Saw Half Of His Tail Fin Was Missing.

(Yawn)

"All Right. I'm Off To Bed. You Should Be Too. Tomorrow We Get To The Big Boys. Slowly But Surely Making Our Way Up To The Monstrous Nightmare. But Who'll Win The Honor Of Killing It?"

"It's Gonna Be Me. It's My Destiny. See?" Says Tuffnut

We Get To Astrid Looking At The Horizon Thinking Of Toothless.

(Gasp)

"Your Mom Let You Get A Tattoo?"

"It Looks Rad Tuffnut" Says Dagur

"It's Not A Tattoo, It's A Birthmark"

Astrid Can't Hear Them Talk While She's Still Looking At The Horizon. Hiccup Then Starts Looking At Her Wondering What She's Thinking.

"OK, I've Been Stuck With You Since Birth, and That Was Never There Before." Says Ruffnut

"Yes It Was. You've Just Never Seen Me From The Left Side Until Now"

A Few Minutes Later, Everybody Was Going To Their Homes To Go Sleep. Hiccup Was Heading Home But Then Astrid Came Over.

"Hiccup"

"Astrid, What Are You Doing At My House?"

"Look, I Need You To Do A Favor For Me."

"OK. And What Is This Favor?"

"You Invent The Stuff I Need, I'll Teach You How To Become A Dragon Killer. Deal?"

"Deal"

They Then Do a Handshake.

"Great. We Start In The Morning. See You Tomorrow Hiccup."

"See You Tomorrow Astrid"

Astrid Looks In The Sky.

"We'll Get You Back In The Air Again Toothless. I Promise."

She Then Runs Home.