Chapter 34: Stoick Talks With Astrid and Hiccup

We See Astrid And Hiccup In Hiccups Work Space At The Stall.

"So This Grimmel The Grisly Is Like The Smartest Dragon Hunter Alive, and He Can Control Dragons. That Doesn't Help Us At All." Says Hiccup

"And Viggo Grimborn Is Also The Smartest Dragon Hunter. The Warlords aren't Dragon Hunters But They'll Be At The Auction For A Reason. Ryker Is Viggos brother, Krogan Works For Drago Bludvist. And Drago Bludvist Is Powerful With An Army Of Dragons. This Might Be Harder Then We Thought." Says Astrid

Astrid Then Sees A Black Dragon Tail On A Table.

"Hey, Hiccup. What's This?" Asks Astrid

"Oh That. You Know I Felt Bad For Toothless Not Being Able To Fly On His Own So I Made A Tail That He Could Control Himself."

"So He Wouldn't Need Me To Fly Him?"

"Exactly!"

"I'll Hold On To It. But I Doubt We'll Need To Use It."

"Use What?"

We See Stoick Trying to Get Through The Door.

"Stoick!"

"Dad!"

Astrid Then Hides The Tail While Hiccup Hides The Drawings Of Toothless.

"You're Back! Gobbers Not Here So." Says Hiccup

"I Know." Says Stoick

Stoick Then Comes Through The Door.

"I Came Looking For You Two."

"You Did?" Asks Astrid

"You Two Have Been Keeping Secrets."

"We Have?" Asks Hiccup

"Just How Long Did You Two Think You Can Hide It From Me?"

"We Don't Know What Your" Astrid Gets Interrupted By Stoick.

"Nothing Happens On This Island Without Me Hearing About It. So Let's Talk About That Dragon."

"Oh Gods." Says Hiccup

"Stoick We Were Gonna Tell You Soon." Says Astrid

"Yeah But It Was Just On Drago" Hiccup Gets Interrupted By Stoick Laughing and They Just Laugh With Him Confused.

"You're Not Upset?" Asks Hiccup

"What? I Was Hoping For This!"

"You Were?" Asks Astrid and Hiccup In Unison

"Gobber Even Told Me You've Been Hanging Out With Hiccup Training Him. But I Thought He'd Fail Miserably At It. But He's Been Doing Everything You've Taught Him. Its Like You Befriended A Dragon And Learned Secrets From Them"

Astrid and Hiccup Look At Each Other.

"And Believe Me It Only Gets Better. Just Wait Until You Spill A Nadders Guts For The First Time. And Mount Your First Gronkle Head On A Spear. What A Feeling!"

Stoick Then Pushes Hiccup Into A Chair.

"You Really Had Me Going There Son. All Those Years Of The Worst Viking Berk Has Ever Seen. Odin, It Was Rough. I Almost Gave Up On You. And All The While You Were Holding Out On Me. Oh Thor Almighty!"

Stoick Then Sits In A Chair.

"With You Doing So Well In The Ring, We Finally Ha ve Something To Talk About."

A Minute Later All Astrid, Hiccup and Stoick Were Doing Was Looking At Each Other Awkwardly. But It Came To A End When Astrid Said..I....

"Stoick?"

"Yes Astrid?"

"Did You Hear Of The Dragon Auction Happening Tomorrow Night At Viggo Grimborns Place?"

"Oh Yeah. Wait. You Two Know Of Viggo Grimborn?"

"Well We're Just Doing Research On How To Make Hiccup One Of The Greats."

"Oh Great! Um We're Not Going Tomorrow."

"Why Not?" Asks Hiccup

"Because There's Rumors Going On About A Night Fury Dragon Rider and I Don't Wanna Kill My Dragon Killers The Day Before One Of You Kill The Monstrous Nightmare. Plus If One Of You Win Gobber and I Wanna Make A Party To Celebrate Your Victory."

"Oh, Thanks Dad." Says Hiccup

"Oh, Here."

Stoick Then Grabs A Helmet and Lends It To Hiccup

I Brought You Something, To Keep You Safe In The Ring."

"Wow, Thanks." Says Hiccup

"Your Mother Would Have Wanted You To Have It."

Astrid And Hiccup Look At Each Other Thinking Of Valka

"It's Half Of Her Breatplate. Matching Set. It Keeps Her Close You Know. Wear It Proudly. You Deserve It. You've Held Up Your End Of The Deal."

Hiccup Then Places The Helmet On The Table.

"Yawns. You Know Astrid and I Have To Get To Bed."

"I'm Tired" Says Hiccup

"Yes, Good. OK, Good Talk. I'll See You Back At The House. Great." Says Stoick

"We Should Do This Again. Thanks For Stopping By. And For The Uh, Breat Plate." Says Hiccup

"I Hope You Like The Hat. Well Um. Good Night."

Stoick Then Leaves The Room. Stoick Then Accidentally Crashes Into Some Weapons Then Leaves The Stall.