5

In this dream, Chi Nan had recovered his eyesight. This dream should be the reproduction of fragments of his memory. He was still imprisoned in the painting and his vision was like a camera that couldn't be moved. Only limited scenes could be seen.

It was a rainy afternoon. The curtains were open but the bedroom was still dim, as if the sky would never be bright again.

Chi Nan recognized that this was You Yu's bedroom. The little You Yu sat on the edge of the bed, his eyes closed as he faced the cloudy window. He clearly couldn't see anything but he always insisted on facing somewhere for a long time, as if the scenery would eventually respond to him.

Not long after, the bedroom door opened and the maid brought medicine. "Young Master, it is time to take your medicine."

Little You Yu ignored her but the maid directly took the medicine to him and repeated, "Young Master, it is time to drink the medicine."

You Yu pursed his lips into a line. "I won't drink it."

The maid had no choice. "Young Master, if you don't drink then I'll have the madam come in personally."

As she spoke, the maid took out a small bottle from her pocket. The young master couldn't see so she blatantly poured a black-gray powder into the medicine bowl. The concoction immediately showed a weird, dark color.

Little You Yu's expression changed slightly when he heard the word 'madam'. The maid saw it and struck while the iron was hot. "Listen, Madam is usually busy filming. Let's not add to the chaos. Young Master, drink the medicine well so you can get better.

You Yu took the medicine bowl and the maid continued to urge him, "Madam likes good children. Young Master, drink the medicine obediently and the madam will like..."

"I know what type of children my mother likes." His lips curved up as he spoke. He smiled gently and quietly, like a lovely little angel, but the actions of his hands were different. He calmly poured the concoction onto the ground. The milky white carpet was immediately covered with red, shocking like a splash of blood. Finally, he handed the empty medicine bowl to the maid with a smile. "It's finished."

The maid's expression changed sharply and she spoke coldly as she cleaned up the medicine stains on the ground, "Then I'll ask the Madam to come."

Once the maid left, the smile on little You Yu's face disappeared. He was as empty and indifferent as he was in the beginning as he looked into the distance. It wasn't until the door was pushed open again that You Yu's expression changed slightly.

"Why are you being disobedient again?" Bai Yingzhi pushed open the door of the room and turned on the light. Her voice was smiling but in the painting, Chi Nan could clearly see the impatience on her face.

"Mom." Little You Yu turned around and faced her sideways.

Bai Yingzhi crouched down in front of him, her eyes sweeping over the medicine concoction on the carpet. "You lost your temper and increased the workload of me and Aunt Mei. Disobedient children should be punished.

You Yu's eyelashes trembled and he skillfully and obediently held out his left hand. His pale, thin arm was full of finger marks and pinpricks. They were so dense that it was hard to look directly at them.

Bai Yingzhi took his hand, pulled out a fine bronze needle and pierced You Yu's middle finger. She relentlessly pinched his finger until blood leaked out and turned into a bead-sized blood bead. Then Bai Yingzhi took out a talisman paper and absorbed the blood with it. From beginning to end, little You Yu didn't frown like he was used to it.

Bai Yingzhi pressed down on the wound of the middle finger to stop the bleeding, her voice as gentle as a loving mother. "You aren't in good health so you have to drink medicine for a long time. How else can your disease get better?"