NC: Chapter 12

Like most film and television graduates, Bai Yingzhi had no background, no resources and no luck. After several years of struggle, she was just a small artist outside the 18th tier. Without good exposure, no good script would come to the door. Without a good script, there would be no exposure... this vicious circle doomed her to be eliminated from the market.

All she needed was a burst of luck to become popular.

Using the introduction of a friend in the same field, Bai Yingzhi started to learn the art of borrowing qi. She regulated her fortune through spiritual offerings. Soon after she got a popular IP, Bai Yingzhi's career rose.

The popularity meant her demand for qi became stronger and stronger... her desire was a bottomless pit. The more Bai Yingzhi played, the bigger she got and she started trying to make deals with the evil spirits.

However, once her career reached the peak, the backlash followed. At first, she had nightmares all night. Then the things she dreamed about started to happen one after another in reality. Once, she almost hit a cement truck on the way to the set! If this went on, the consequences would be unimaginable...

She didn't want to fill it with her own life so she promised to give a 'sacrifice' to the evil spirits. She chose the most yin day to have sex and conceive. During her pregnancy, she drank fresh crow blood every day and put yin oil on her belly while waiting for the sacrifice to 'hatch.' Even after You Yu was born, she burned the charms to ashes and mixed it with milk to feed to You Yu.

Bai Yingzhi finally raised You Yu into the most delicious sacrifice for the evil spirits. She was just waiting for him to turn eight to complete the final sacrifice with 10 negative yin offerings.

"This is too f*king inhuman!" Hei Cha read this and shook with anger. He felt even more sick when he saw the blood pouring from the fish tank.

Chi Nan calmly asked, "Is the young master blind because of the sacrifice?"

Hei Cha shook his head. "I'm not clear about that. It doesn't say anything about the young master's case."

He thought about it and muttered, "In reality, the young master is blind but in his instance, his eyesight seems to be normal again. I don't know what the relationship is..."

On the side, Old Yu looked at Chi Nan's eyes and frowned imperceptibly.

"Now that we know the truth, what should we do?" Hei Cha asked the two people for their opinions.

"Smash it."

It was rare that Chi Nan and Old Yu spoke in unison. Hei Cha rolled up his sleeves in a refreshing manner.  "Okay. Master Cha is best at..."

He hadn't finished when Chi Nan made a 'shh' gesture to him. Hei Cha immediately shut up.

Thump, thump, thump.

There was the sound of footsteps in the corridor.

"This is...." The sound approached and Hei Cha's throat tightened.

Chi Nan told them, "It is Aunt Mei."

Hei Cha's swear words choked up in his throat. He looked around and found a wall-style wardrobe that was over two meters high. He and Old Yu exchanged looks before quickly turning off the bedroom light and pushing Chi Nan into the wardrobe.

The moment the wardrobe door closed, the bedroom door was pushed open from the outside. The footsteps stopped. Wind seemed to be blowing in from the corridor, causing the bedroom door to creak.

Chi Nan breathed out lightly and leaned back. Suddenly, a cool and slippery touch crawled over his back in a fleeting manner. Fortunately, it was through his clothes so he didn't need to shed tears.