Why?" Chi Nan asked bluntly in his usual plain tone.

"Huh?" The young girl had never been treated like this before and she was stunned on the spot.

"Well, that... because I'm scared... you don't seem to be afraid of anything..." Nan Lu bit her lip and spoke cautiously. She looked at Hei Cha who had a better relationship with Chi Nan as if asking for help.

It was a pity that Hei Cha didn't fall for such spoiled actions. He scratched his head in an embarrassed manner. "Chi Nan's body is uncomfortable. Forget it, let him rest in the living room for a while."

Nan Lu, "......" She seemed surprised that Hei Cha didn't help speak for her.

Song Yue looked at Nan Lu, whose eyes were red and swollen, and suggested, "Or should you also take a break for a while? If your mood fluctuates a lot then it will affect your awakening value."

Nan Lu rubbed her eyes. "But Sister Ran's whereabouts are unknown now..."

Song Yue comforted her. "This house isn't too big. We can find her when searching."

Nan Lu nodded hesitantly.

Hei Cha said, "Then I and Old Yu will be in a group. Song Yue and..."

The young man nodded. "My name is Xu Jing."

After the grouping, the two groups allocated the search range and dispersed separately. Nan LU helplessly sat on the sofa in a self-reproaching manner, facing Chi Nan. Unfortunately, Chi Nan was blind and couldn't see her pitiful expression.

"I'm going to the kitchen to pour some hot tea. Do you need it?" Nan Lu asked hurriedly when she saw that the other person didn't speak or move like he was asleep.

"No, thank you."

"Oh..."

Nan Lu left the sofa angrily and returned in less than three minutes. "T-That, there is something wrong in the kitchen. Can you follow me to take a look?"

"What's wrong?"

Nan Lu's voice was already crying. "That... there seems to be a noise in the freezer. I don't dare..."

At this time, Chi Nan had regained a bit of his energy so he agreed to Nan Lu's request.

"In fact, it is quite presumptuous. I suddenly invited you to form a team and interrupted your rest. Now I asked you to come to the kitchen to confirm it... but I'm really scared." Nan Lu spoke while walking as if to break the embarrassment.

Chi Nan didn't respond immediately. He sensed her embarrassment spread exponentially and finally opened his mouth. "Are you hurt?"

Nan Lu's expression visibly stiffened but Chi Nan couldn't see her right eyebrows.

"No? What's the matter?" Her voice was confused but her gaze toward Chi Nan was full of inquiry.

Chi Nan was silent for a moment before slightly shaking his head. "It's nothing. I smell blood."

Nan Lu bit her lip. "Perhaps I was accidentally stained in the corridor last night."

In less than two minutes, the two of them walked through the corridor to the kitchen. Chi Nan listened to the freezer as Nan Lu previously said but he didn't hear any weird noises.

"That's weird, there was clearly a noise just now..."

"I'll open it and take a look."

After opening the freezer, there was nothing except the slight sound of the generator and the cold air blasting into his face.