[16] - Chased

AUTHOR'S POV
JANUARY 10, 2023

2:25PM

UNITED KINGDOM

EUROPE BRANCH TEAM.

"Hello?", Mark answers the call.

"Mark Lee, is everything good in Europe?", Seungcheol asks, checking up on his team at Europe.

"Yup, we're good. I mean Jun hyung got injured will that be considered as good?", Mark asks, as the guys around him laugh. Along with jun who has a bandage on his upper right stomach that got shot.

"Fuck you", Jun curses, mark laughed.

Seungcheol sighs, "When will you guys get home?".

"Tomorrow around afternoon. Why? New mission?", Mark asks as he looks at the big antique clock.

"Yeah, it's an easy one. Just checking up on you guys", Seungcheol says.

mingyu giggled, "How sweet of you agent alpha~", The guys laughed and teased seungcheol to the phone.

Seungcheol couldn't handle these guys humour as he ends the call and sighed utterly in disbelief.

11PM IN SOUTH KOREA

"Horror shit", Seungcheol puts his hand inside his pocket and sighed. All of you were at the living room sitting on the couch. As seungcheol was standing calling the Europe branch team.

"That was funny", You commented and laughed. Dino burst out of laughter when you spoke up, as you, dino and donghyuck laughed.

The older guys were looking at you three.

"N-no because- I really belong in the Europe branch", You said and laughed. Both donghyuck and you high fived which made dokyeom, Hoshi and seungkwan laugh.

"Why?", Jeno asks furrowing his brows at you.

"The humor! I love it", You laughed, seungcheol sighs deeply.

"Come on pack your things tonight, so tomorrow we can go to busan.".

--
1:23AM

You drink a water at the kitchen, you just woke up from a crazy dream you've always been having whenever you get blood on your hands.

The first mission already made you a sinner as you always have been. Having to put blood on your hands, those dead people you killed, as if you were carrying their dead bodies weight around your shoulder. Even worst. Their burdens.

You're used to it. Just scared of it.

Considering those missions you had when you were an assassin. Of course you got used to it. But repeatedly saying. You're scared of it.

Their screams just haunts you every night, it echoes in your mind. Flashbacks always comes to you on how you murdered every single one of them.

They are bad people.

It's sad to think that bad people actually got to live like a normal person once.

But because of one small or big event in their life, it ruined it.

Sighing, you put the mug on the counter as you try to clean your thoughts away from everything that has happened.

"Hey, you're awake", You turn your head up just to see renjun walking inside the kitchen with his eyeglass on and his laptop.