Skit 8 - catnaps true form

Skit 8 - Catnaps true form
(Graphic? Am I supposed to put a warning on this? Anyways, proceed with caution)

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊
(☀️'s POV:)

I was walking around the neighborhood when I thought about giving catnaps hoodie back since I forgot to do so last time.

I walked to his treehouse and knocked on the door... "hello?" I yelled, but there was no response.. maybe he is sleeping? I didn't want to walk back home so I let myself in, I mean, we are friends after all?

I walked up the spiral stairs and made my way up. I noticed that he wasn't there... strange, I didn't see him outside either. I started to get worried and placed his hoodie on his bed. "Catnap??" I called his name.. he was not there..

I decided to leave his house, that's when I realized I could track him with my nose. I sniffed a bit on his front porch when I smelled the fresh scent of lavender. 'So he went out recently?' I pondered and decided to follow the scent.

I kept following it and it landed me in the creepy forest.. it was pretty eerie and there was something about it that was disturbing.

I heard the bush behind me move and turned around to find.... Nothing? "M-maybe it just an a-animal or probably t-the wind!" I lied to myself to make sure I don't go insane, "I regret not bring at least Bubba or Hoppy..." I said as I continued to follow the scent as it got more and more intense, which started to hurt my nose a little and cause a headache.

I continued to walk when I accidentally fell into a hole that was covered by leaves... It was a trap! "AHHH!" I screamed as I fell to the ground. I held my leg in pain, it wasn't broken or anything, it just hurt...

I had no time to lose as Catnap might be in trouble or something. That's when I looked up and noticed someone looking from above the hole. I couldn't make out who or what it was, but I was sure not to trust it.

That's when the person jumped down and landed on its legs. It was... a... a weird creature? "S-stand back!" I said in defense, but he seemed to scoff at me. "Calm down buckaroo, I ain't here to cause trouble." He said while smiling with his teeth that were... awfully sharp.. it kinda creeped me out.

"You're that Dogday guy Catnap always talks about." He said, does he know who catnap is? And what did he mean by 'catnap always talks about.'? I had a lot of questions and I think he can tell.

"Who are you?" I asked curiously while keeping my distance. "I'm... no one important" He smirked, what the hell...

"Whatever." I muttered while shaking my head. "Where. Is. catnap?" I asked. "He's with the prototype probably..." he said.

The prototype? Who's that... could it be? The one that catnap keeps having nightmares about... shoot! Maybe catnaps in danger.

I tried to get up and I fell back down face first into the dirt. "Oooo... let me help you with that." He said as he got close to me and held me up flawlessly. "You critters are so light." He exclaimed as he started to lead me out the hole.

We finally made it out. "Keep following his scent, but I need to warn you... stay away from the prototype, it does nothing but bad." He said before he suddenly vanished.. this all felt like a fever dream...

I decided to do as he said, and followed catnaps scent. And surely enough, I saw a purple cat except... it was tall and seemed like it's been starved or something...

It was standing next to a Catbee... Wait, isn't that catnaps cousin? I knew there was something off about her, but who was that next to her..?

"¥ØỮ ĆΔΜ€ βΔĆҜ." I heard something else speak, it was like a mix of different voices, familiar voices.... This whole thing sent shivers down my spine, what is all this?

"ȻȺŧnȺᵽ wɇ mɨssɇđ ɏø łɇȺsɇ ȼømɇ ƀȺȼ ħømɇ" I heard it speak again it was faint, the only thing I heard was 'catnap..' Catbee flew away leaving what seems to be catnap and what I'm guessing is the prototype..

This doesn't make any sense... catnap is a critter... right? Just like us right? I don't get it... what is happening.

I tried to turn around and tell the others, while sneaking a bit I accidentally stepped on a twig that made a loud noise, causing catnap to turn around... what happened to him... he looked so... weird and creepier than before..

Catnap then rushed at me, which caused me to run as well.. he was chasing me, but the prototype stayed in its place.

I then felt myself getting dizzy... 'what the hell.' I pondered as I ran, I saw red smoke around which made it hard to see, i then fell down because of my injured leg that I forgot was injured from how scared I was...

I turned around and saw catnap towering over me, looking... worried and concerned? I could see the pain in his eyes.... this was something I wasn't supposed to see..

I then felt myself getting dizzier as I saw him slowly walking even closer to me..

By the time he held me I had passed out....

⋆.˚ ☾⭒.˚
(🌙's POV:)

'Shit... what have I done?' I thought to myself while holding Dogdays unconscious body in arms. I felt my empty eyes water, I didn't know it was possible, but here we are...

"You weren't supposed to see this... I was going to tell you I swear.." I muttered as I bursted out crying. I knelt to the ground while holding Dogday close. I knew he wasn't dead, but the fact he had to me see me like this... my true form...

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊
(☀️'s POV:)

I opened my eyes slowly while I sat up... "what happened..." I asked, holding my head, I had a massive headache as I noticed catnap sitting on a chair next to the bed, he looked... miserable, like he was crying..

"I'm sorry Dogday, I should've told you sooner, I'm sorry you had to go through all that mess for me, just to find my hideous form." Catnap said as he tried to hold back tears.. "what are you talking about catnap...?" I asked, I seriously don't understand why he's apologizing.

"I know you don't remember, but I hope you can forgive me anyway..." catnap said as he started to cry. I got out of the bed and pulled him from the chair and into a big hug. "I don't know what you are apologizing for, but I forgive you..." I said as he hugged me back tightly.

'Wait a minute... did he just speak for real..?' I questioned whether I was hearing things or not... then again... what happened that caused him to apologize to me so much... I don't remember anything at all.. and how did i end up back on catnaps bed..

Everything felt blurry, I sat back down and catnap sat down next to me on the bed..

"I'm sorry Dogday..." he apologized again. "I told you that I forgive you, no matter what you did I'm sure it wasn't that bad..." I said reassuringly.

He just smiled at me and rested his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my hand around his neck...

Today was such a strange day....

1261 words!
Thank you guys for the support :3 and a big thank you to @647tifhlgc for the idea you recommended! It will be used for skit 9 ;)