Skit 14 - a trip to the cabins

(Keep in my mind that in my AU there is like an outdoor city specifically made for the critters, this was made for them with random critters who live their own life, but they prefer to live in their isolated neighborhood)

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊
(☀️'s POV:)

The staff were kind enough to give us a car that has enough seats for all of us, not really.. there are only 7 seats, 2 in the front, 2 at the back and 3 in the middle. That doesn't really matter right now, that is for our future selves to worry about!

Bubba was checking to see if everyone has what they need for the trip, it was kinda like that camping trip, but inside cabins!

"Alright, we have decided on the seating plan right? Kickin is in the passenger seat." Bubba suddenly said. "HAH! Kickin's gonna be the passenger princess." Hoppy teased, but Kickin rolled his eyes instead of making a fuss, which was quite a surprise even for Bubba.

"Ahem, picky sits in the middle seat and Bobby is on the left. At the back we have Crafty and Hoppy, as for Dogday and catnap you figure out who sits on top of who." Bubba said which caused me to blush. "W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?" I yelled in frustration, but I was mostly flustered. (They sit behind bubba btw, next to picky.)

"I call dibs on Dogdays lap." Catnap said with no hesitation.. HUH?! What's does he mean by 'calling dibs??!' I just stood there awkwardly, not saying anything from how caught off guard I was about catnaps boldness.

"Alright then it's settled, everyone get in and I'll load the bags in the trunk." Bubba said with a smile. "Oh! Oh! I'll help you Bubs." Kickin said and grabbed a random bag and walked towards the trunk.

Hoppy and crafty got in first of course, picky and Bobby sat in their place while I pulled out my pillow because I knew that the car seat would be uncomfortable.

I placed the pillow behind me and sat down, catnap just stared at me before getting in and sitting on top of me, I didn't mind it, it was just.. kinda weird that I have to stay like that for the rest of the ride.

Catnap was light and small compared to me so that kinda helped. Obviously the first thing catnap did was nap even though Bubba and Kickin were still putting stuff in the trunk, what a sleepy kitty he is.

Bubba came back and so did Kickin. "Alright! Everyone ready?" Bubba asked. "Yup!" Hoppy replied. "Everyone got their things?" Bubba asked again. "Yes bubba just drive already." Hoppy replied once again.

Bubba started the car and drove off...

Everything was peaceful... well kinda? Kickin had the music turned up while arguing with Hoppy, Crafty was quietly sketching in her notebook she brought with her, Bobby and picky were busy talking girl stuff and catnap was somehow still asleep on my lap.

He was purring quietly, I was probably the only one who could hear him from all the noise theses idiots are making.
.
.
.
(2 hours later)

I woke up and realized that half of my friends were standing outside, it was already nighttime? It seemed pretty windy and cloudy as well.. strange.

I placed catnap on my spot gently and got out of the car to see that Bubba was checking the engine with Kickin and Hoppy.

I walked up to them. "What's wrong you guys?" I asked confused. "The car suddenly broke down and we are trying to find out why." Kickin replied. "It was working perfectly fine this afternoon, I don't understand why this has happened." Bubba said in frustration. "Calm down Bubs, we'll find out what's wrong and fix the problem!" Kickin said confidently, trying to comfort Bubba who was really stressed about all of this.

I walked towards the drivers seat and looked at the gas tank and noticed that we were completely out of gas.. "uh guys... there is no gas." I said and Bubba looked at me in disbelief. "But that's impossible?! I made sure it was full before we left..." bubba said confused.

"You probably made a mistake, but that's fine, everyone makes mistakes!" Hoppy said cheerfully trying to cheer Bubba, which kinda worked.

"I'm sure there is a gas station near by, I'll take catnap with me for safety." I suggested and they agreed and decided to sit in the car.

I woke Catnap up and dragged him with me on the road, I couldn't see well since the road was dark, but I didn't have to worry about that because catnap is here with me and he has night vision.

He walked next to me, kinda stumbling around a bit, but I was obviously there to catch him if I need to.

There weren't any trees, just a plains biome with, which was good since I could make out a gas station in the distance.

We made it to the gas station and I went inside to grab a bottle to fill while catnap stood outside.

I came back and filled the bottle up with gas and catnap swiped the credit card that the staff gave us just for this trip, which was kinda nice of them.

After we finished we walked back to the car. "Hey catnap? You are awfully quiet, is there something on your mind or are you just sleepy" I asked catnap curiously.

Catnap fell face first onto the ground and I panicked, I picked him up. 'Great, now I have to carry catnap and the heavy gas bottle.' I sighed and  continued to walk back the car.

After I finally made it, Bubba took the bottle of gas and ran to the side to fill the car up. "Thanks Dogday." Hoppy smiled at me and I obviously smiled back.

I hopped into the car with catnap in my arms and sighed once again. 'That surely was tiring.' I thought to myself and watched as Bubba, hoppy and Kickin sat into the car, with Kickin and Hoppy sharing the passenger seat.
.
.
.
(At the cabins)

We finally made it! I rushed to open the door and grabbed catnap with me. "Finally!" I said excitedly and dragged catnap to the cabin we were assigned. I couldn't wait to sleep on a bed, I couldn't care less about our bags.

I opened the door and saw a 2 person bed that was placed in the middle with 2 counters on each side, as I walked in I saw a TV across from the bed.

Catnap ran to the bed and jumped on it and I followed behind and plopped in bed next to him. "I can finally sleep on a bed..." catnap said tiredly, not bothering to change his clothes and immediately fell asleep. This is the 3rd time this cat has slept, how does he do it?

I got up and went to grab my bag and came back with both our bags. I grabbed my PJ's and changed my clothes really quickly into the most comfortable thing I had and laid back in the bed.

I decided that I'll watch a bit of TV and then I'll sleep because I wasn't that tried yet....

1225 WORDS!!
Man I'm too lazy to re-read this to make sure there aren't grammar mistakes, so bear with it😭

I can't believe I slept for 14 hours😟 this chapter was inspired by the fact I'm going on a 2 hour trip with my mom and brother today XD

I'll probably write skit 15 in the car if I didn't sleep in it.