Skit 16 - past memories

(Credits to @Gazaltomatojuicecoke for this really fun idea! :3)

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊
(☀️'s POV:)

I stood behind the staff awkwardly as I saw kids run around frantically. "Come on Dogday, don't be shy! you should go up to them and befriend them." The staff said while softly smiling as they kneeled down in front of me. I looked down in embarrassment and shook my head.

"Are.... You sure I... should..?" I stuttered as quietly, the staff just nodded their head and placed their hand on my shoulder. "Of course, I'm sure they'll happily accept you with open arms! They are very nice." The staff said reassuringly. "But be wary of Hoppy and Kickin, they can he quite the pair." The staff said jokingly and got up from kneeling.

I was skeptical about this, I've never met anyone my age and I didn't know how to approach them... I stood there awkwardly as the staff members left the playground leaving just me and the others kids.

I decided to sneak my way towards the swings and silently sat there, watching the other kids have fun. It was kinda sad that I didn't have much courage to talk to them. I just sat on the swing alone, I didn't even know how to use it...

I was about to get off and go to the slide, but was suddenly being pushed by someone, I turned my head around and saw a purple cat push me gently. "O-oh... hi there." I managed to stutter, but the cat didnt talk back, I guess he wasn't much of a talker... like me..

I sat silently as the cat continued to push me on the swing.. the cat then suddenly stopped and walked over to one of the kids, a blue elephant? The purple cat then pointed his finger at which caused me to panic a bit..

The blue elephant turned his attention to me and smiled, the blue elephant then proceeded to walk towards me, but the purple cat stayed behind, watching us from afar.

"Hey there! I'm Bubba Bubbaphant, but you can call me Bubba, you must be the new critter." The blue elephant said cheerfully and pulled a hand out for me to shake.. my tail wagged slightly and I reached to grab his hand. "I'm Dogday." I said to with a nervous smile.

"Want to come and play with us? We are currently in a basketball match and missing a person, Catnap refuses to play with us and just stares at the ball." Bubba explained and pointed towards who I assume is catnap, the purple cat.

I nodded excitedly as my tail began to wag violently, it was quite embarrassing, but I didn't feel ashamed for the first time.

Bubba led me to the rest of the kids whom were patiently waiting for Bubba to return. "Hey guys, I brought a new friend! His name is Dogday." Bubba said and everyone turned to look at me, they were silent for awhile before run up me to ask question.

"What type of dog breed are you?"
"What's your favorite animal?"
"Is it true that dogs hate cats?"
"Are you man?"

All of them asked at once and Bubba had to come in and push them off. "Alight guys, I think we need to chill out, we can ask personal question another time, how about we introduce ourselves first?" Bubba suggested and everyone agreed.

The chicken ran and stood on top of the slide. "I'm the amazing Kickin Chicken! The best at every sports ever!" The chicken said proudly, he seemed rather egotistical.

"Well I'm Hoppy Hopscotch, and I'm better at whatever Kickin says and does!" The green bunny said while looking at chicken smugly who was already staring at her with a frown on his face.

"I'm Bobby bearhug and I love hugs and giving advice about dating." The red bear said happily with a wide smile, her description was short yet it seemed preserved.

"Oh, Oh! I'm next! I'm PickyPiggy, but you can call me Picky or piggy, whichever one you like more. I like cooking and eating." The pig said as she placed both her hands on her hips.

Everyone had turned their gaze to a particular white unicorn, the unicorn took her eyes off the paper she was drawing on and looked at everyone embarrassedly. "O-oh... I'm Craftycorn." She stuttered and went back to drawing.

Bubba then pointed towards the purple cat. "And that is catnap if you haven't guessed yet, he doesn't talk and all he does is sleep.." Bubba explained and leaned towards my ear. "Be careful around him." Bubba said and leaned back. "Alright guys, let's get into position." Bubba said while clapping his hands to get their attention.

'It felt kinda nice to finally hang out with people and they seemed very accepting of me..' I thought and turned my attention to catnap who staring at me menacingly. 'Why do I need be careful about him?' Pondered than turned my attention to the other and ran to them...

Looks like I won't be regretting ever being here...

854 words!
I'm feeling a bit burnt out, but that's okay, I'll try my best to post early :) + I think that Wattpad hates😭🙏

Thanks again @Gazaltomatojuicecoke for this very fun skit! I had fun making it :3