5. Home

A couple of days have passed and Charles is coming back today. I'm laying in the bed trying to sleep a few more minutes since Grace has been awake since 4am. She also knows Charles is coming back today.

Grace is already playing a bit in the bed but also goes back to close her eyes a bit. I open my eyes as I hear footprints walking over to me. A cold hand is stroking over my cheek. I smell his perfume. It's Charles.

C: Good morning, princess.

E: Cha? Oh my- what are you already doing here?

C: I missed you.

He kisses me gently and looks over to Grace. I tell him about our sleepless night and that she just felt asleep again. I look into his eyes. Mine are tearing up.

E: I can't believe you're already back.

C: After you told me how much Grace struggles I took the first flight back.

Charles comes next to me on the bed, putting his arm around my neck. We cuddle. I missed him. I missed him more than anything. I cuddle my head into his shoulder. Grace is sleeping on my chest. I look at her smiling while rubbing gently over her back.

E: Yeah, she did such a hard time to past days.

C: My poor baby.

He sighs and strokes over her cheek.

E: Thanks for this surprise. I missed you so much.

C: Yeah, me too. I love you, princess.

E: I love you more.

We kiss and cuddle for a while until Grace wakes up. I love this little quality time with my family. Grace rubs her eyes as she wakes up. She opens them and see Charles.

G: Daddy!

Her eyes get wide open, she tries to get up from my chest to climbs over to Charles. She wraps her little arms around Charles neck. I smile. They're such a great team.

C: Hey mom amour, did you sleep well with mommy?

She looks over to me and points to me while calling me mommy before she points to Charles to call him daddy.

C: Yes, we are all together again.

He gives her a lot of kisses and tickles her which makes her laugh. That little baby laugh where you can only join her laughter.

We enjoy the time together for a little bit more before we all get up. I take Grace to get her all dressed, while Charles gets his backpack and can unpack a few more things he needs for now.

I put on a little white jumpsuit with blue strips. And since she's waking non stop, i put her some white shoes on. I let her down to walk over to Charles so I can get ready.

CHARLES POV

Grace runs with her stuffed teddy bear in her hand to me. I catch her as she nearly falls down because she stumbled over her own feet. She's still a bit shaky but she's improving her walking so much.

C: Careful, mon amor.

I pick her up to give her a kiss on the cheek. I start to okay with her teddy a bit but tell her we need breakfast first.

G: Mommy!

Grace points to the bathroom door.

C: Mommy is taking her well deserved shower after the past few days. Let's get some breakfast, huh?