39. Flowers

CHARLES POV

The next morning I went to the bakery with Grace because Elisabeth was still sleeping. I left her a note on the counter. We're in a very small city in the middle of nowhere. No one recognized us so far but I put a blue hat on Grace just in case people are taking pictures so her face could be more covered.

After getting some buns, croissants and bread we were making our way back to the car as Grace stops walking. We're infront of a florist.

C: Do you wanna buy mommy some flowers?

G: Mommy?

She looks to me and then back to the flowers. I kneel down to her.

C: Do you have a favorite? Which one do you like?

G: Da.

She points to one.

C: Okay, get them out, if you want them.

I reach out to the flowers to help her. I give them to her but she drops them.

G: No!

She walks over to other flowers.

G: Da!

C: We could also take both one for you and one for me to give mommy.

G: No, Gracie.

She points to herself and pulls a sassy face.

G: Okay, okay, mon ange, only you.

I shake my head laughing and put the first flowers back. I take out some money to pay. Grace opens her hand so I could put the money in it. I look up to the cashier. She gives me a smile. I don't think she knows who we are. That's good.

C: Okay, you can give it to the woman.

The cashier kneels down to Grace to make it easier for her.

Woman: Do you want to buy these flowers, sweetie?

Grace nods but looks back to me. I go closer to her and put my hand on her head showing she's safe. But she gets scared anyways and hugs my leg. I stroke over her head.

C: It's okay, mon ange.

She looks up to me again, before she reaches one of her hand to the woman. The other arm is still wrapped around my leg.

Woman: Thank you very much, enjoy the flowers.

C: Thanks, goodbye.

I give her a smile and Grace waves to her. I take her hand to walk back to our car when Grace turns back to me.

G: Flowers!

C: Wait a second.

I put her in her car seat and buckle her up before I give her the flowers back. We make our way back to the house.

As we arrive Grace runs excited with the bouquet of flowers into the house.

ELISABETH POV

I'm in the kitchen and saw that Charles is out with Grace, as I hear my daughter's voice. She runs towards me with flowers.

G: Mommy!

She gives the flowers to me. I smile surprised.

E: Oh did you get them for me?

G: Gracie.

She points proud to herself and also Charles are coming inside.

C: She did it all by herself. She even paid for them.

E: Oh, wow Gracie. You did that?

I kneel down to her to give her a kiss. She claps excited.

G: Yes.

I cuddle her again before she just walks away to explore the rest of the house. She can only go in the hallways and the living room. Nothing can happen.

E: Aw, such a big girl.

I look after her before I turn to Xharles with a sad face.

C: Yes, but she got scared so she still needs us.

He laughs before he pulls me by my hips to him.

C: But first good morning, princess.

He kisses me gently.

E: Good morning, thanks for letting me sleep in. I needed this.

C: Anything for you. We got some breakfast.

He puts the bakery things on the counter and he also did some grocery shopping for us.

E: Ah, that smells so good. I'm starving. I could eat the universe.

I look through all the bag.

E: No way, chocolate croissants?

Charles hugs me from behind while laughing. I turn to him and kiss him happy.

We enjoy the breakfast as a family together before we start the day.

MonacoPalace via Instagram: Greetings off Princess Elisabeth and Prince Charles from their little vacation. MP.

 MP