7. Pascale

Charles and I haven't talk for the past few hours. I currently sit in the kitchen and do some work on my iPad as he walks over to me.

C: I'm gonna take Grace to my mums now. I would love if you're coming with us.

I look up with a sigh. I hate that we fight. I don't want that but I'm pretty hurt by his action. Why did he fall for my family? It was obvious the moment Simon said it.

I take a deep breath and agree to come with him. We take Grace and Charles drives us over to Pascale. We got her a cute little mansion on the hill to keep her privacy and safety. We didn't talk the whole ride over here. I know I'm giving Charles a hard time because he tried to start a conversation but all I think about is Grace.

P: Oh, there is my little princess.

Pascale opens the door smiling and takes Grace from Charles arms. She laughs happy. I greet her as well as Charles. We walk inside and also Lorenzo is there, also like Arthur and Carla.

L: The royalty is in the house.

Lorenzo hugs us laughing. We all say Hi and Pascale is getting us some coffee and tea. I stand in the corner and watch Grace walking around to everyone while Charles updates his family from the last few weeks and races.

L: Wow, I can't believe she's already walking. Have you seen her first steps, Charles?

C: Yes, she started the day before I had to leave for Jeddah.

Charles looks over to me, but I don't react.

P: I'm so happy for you, Charles. You were always so scared about this.

I look down feeling guilty and rub my own arm a bit. I know he was scared to miss the milestones of Grace life, but I think it would've been so hard for him if he would've really missed this.

C: Yeah, me too.

He stops looking at me and watches Grace who's getting chased by Arthur. He catches her and they both fall laughing onto the ground. She climbs onto him. That's how she should live her life. That's a normal childhood. Who would roll on the floor with her in the palace?

P: Elisabeth.

I look up to Charles Mom, who's asking me to help her in the kitchen. I nod slowly and follow her. She gives me some fruits to wash them. She's treating me like a normal girl and sometimes like her own daughter.

P: What happened? Did you fight?

I nod and tell her about the morning, that Charles agreed to my Dad idea without asking me. She turns to me.

P: My dear, you've decided to stay in the royalty, which also means for Grace to do royal events. And it's just walking around to meet the citizen, right?

E: Yeah, but what if Grace won't behave or is in a bad mood? I don't want her to feel the princess pressure. I don't want her to feel like she always needs to be perfect.

I sigh. I'm torn about how to feel or what to do. I struggle a lot and I know I need Charles. Pascale puts her hand on mine.

P: Well, Grace is only one so even if she won't behave you'll just show everyone you're a normal family with all the same struggles. You'll be even more loved.

E: I'm scared.

P: It's okay to be scared, but don't show it. You're the princess of Monaco. Be confident and show everyone what an awesome little girl Grace is.

She winks and tries to get me out of my comfort zone. I even need to laugh slightly.

E: Maybe you're right.

P: Everyone loves you and Charles. They'll also love Grace. You're the cutest family, my dear.

She's amazing. She's trying everything for us to get through this life. I hug her tight. She rubs over my back as she sees that Charles is walking inside.

C: Hey, can we talk?

P: Tell Charles the truth.

She whispers in my ear before she lets go off our hug. She squeezes my arm and leaves Charles and me alone.
I lean against the kitchen counter as he walks over to me.

C: I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking earlier today.

E: You can't decided this on your own.

I look at him disappointed, even crossing my arms. He notices I'm not mad at him but with this situation. He pulls me by my hips closer to him. I look into his eyes.

C: You know I would do everything to protect our daughter. I never want to decide this on my own.

E: I'm just so scared for her. I don't want her to feel like I did when I was younger.

C: We'll do everything for her to not feel like this.

I can feel a tear rolling down my cheek. Charles already wishes it away with his thumb. I lean into his hand.

C: I don't want to fight with you. I love you, Betty.

E: Me neither. I was just so scared and overwhelmed with this situation. I'm very sorry. I love you and I'm so happy you're back home.

He smiles and kisses me gently.

C: Grace will do amazing and if not we can bring her inside the palace everytime.

I nod slowly and lean into his chest as he put his arms around me. We watch Grace from here playing with Arthur and Carla.

C: She's growing up like a normal girl. Or did you play and pretend to be a plane?

He grins to me as Lorenzo spins her around and throws her in the air. She's laughing a lot, always asking for another round.

E: No, never let my dad see this. He would freak out.

I shake my head laughing and Charles joins me.

C: Oh no, I would like to live a few more years.

I smirk before I look up to him.

E: Let's show the world our beautiful daughter.

C: Can't wait. My two princesses.

He smiles and kisses me gently. I pull him into another hug and see Pascale smiling at me with a little wink. I give her a happy and thankful smile.