17. Friends

Two weeks later

That guy with brown hair is kneeling down to Grace reaching out his arms.

P: Where is my favorite little princess?

G: Unc Pi

She hugs him tight. I followed her smiling.

E: Well, thank you Pierre.

P: Can't get into a fight with Charles.

He throws his hands in defence before picking up Grace. I hug him hello as well as Kika, Isa and Carlos.

E: Thanks for coming today!

We invited our friends over for a little get together. While the boys play with Grace, I sit with Isa and Kika and drink some coffee, eating cookies.

K: So how is mom life going?

E: She's growing up too fast.

I: How about your dad? What does it mean for Grace now?

Isa brings me back to reality as I was watching Grace laughing. My dad announced last week that he is gonna step back as a king. The whole world went crazy.

E: Let's say, I knew the day would come when I can't protect her anymore but I wasn't prepared for it to be so soon.

I shrug my shoulders. The girls give me a side hug, showing me they're there for me. I'm telling them the plans for the coronation and what's going to happen the next few weeks.

E: And we're taking Grace to the Monaco Grand Prix.

I: No way! Omg! Everybody was asking for this.

Isa nearly jumps up out of excitement. Kika and I laugh.

E: But...

I look over to the boys to make sure they won't hear us right now.

K: Betty!

E: I wanna surprise Cha with Grace in Imola. Like no announcement that she's gonna be there. So she can get used to it before the media is following her.

K: Omg, yes! 100% yes! Charles is gonna freak out! I can already imagine his face.

We all laugh thinking about his reaction. We all look back to the boys and Grace playing.

I: Charles is always talking about Grace non-stop when he's at the races.

G: Mommy!

E: Hey baby girl.

Grace walks over to us, I pick her up on my lap. I look to the girls before the others are walking over.

E: But I need your help with it. No word to anyone.

Isa and Kika nods in agreement when Grace gives me some grass.

G: Da!

E: Aw, that's so nice of you. Thank you.

I take it from her laughing when she points to Charles.

E: Oh, you've got me some grass from daddy?Wow.

I grin to Charles as he comes over. He throws his hands.

C: I've nothing to do with it.

E: No? Too bad. I thought I got a nice present of you.

I tease him joking when he wraps his arm around me while standing behind me. Grace still being on my lap.

C: Cheeky princess.

He gives me before he strokes over Grace cheek.

K: You're so cute.

Kika watches us as Pierre sits down next to her and Carlos pulls Isa on his lap.

E: Well, Grace is still waiting for some friends.

I look to Grace from the side with a big grin on my lips.

E: Right, don't you wanna have a friend from uncle pierre and uncle carlos?

P: Wait, don't give Kika ideas!

He shakes his head laughing as Grace raises her arms happy with my help.

E: Look Gracie, Kika wants to play with you.

I hand her over to Kika while I give Pierre a wink. Kika also laughs like everyone else and starts to shake with Grace. Everyone is having a good time.

E: Well, you're all set for a friend.

I smirk. Carlos and Pierre give up and throw their hands in the air. Charles puts his arm around me laughing.

C: For now you can still take Grace.