37. Doubts

CHARLES POV

I'm getting into the car to pick up Grace from my mom. I still need time to realize what happened today. I feel sad for Elisabeth to lose Ryan as her bodyguard. He helped us to sneak out, he is always there.

Suddenly a girl in a yellow dress is running in front of my car. I need to brake hard. I look out of the window while she has her hand on the front of my car.

C: You can't just run infront of my car!

Louise: Sorry, Cha, sorry..

She walks around to come to the passenger window. I sigh.

C: Are you okay tho?

L: Yes, are you picking up Grace?

C: That's the plan.

L: Could I come with you? I feel like it would be good if we're together with Grace. She's starting to be clingy to you again.

She already opens the door to get in. She gives me smile as she looks over to me, sitting next to me.

C: Sure, what's best for Grace.

I sigh and start driving. I could've need some time for myself now, but never mind.

L: I'm sorry for Ryan.

C: Thanks, a lot of is going on right now. I can't wait for the craziness to be over.

L: Yeah, I also can't believe Elisabeth cheated on you.

She pulls a sad face as she puts her hand on my knee. I look at her surprised.

C: What are you talking about?

L: Oh no, don't tell me she said there was nothing going on?

She gasps and puts her hand on her chest. Elisabeth would never cheat on me. Why is she saying something like this? But she looks serious. I look back on the streets since I drive.

C: They were just watching Grace. We can't need more rumors now, please stop saying this.

L: I'm with Elisabeth when you're at the races. Ryan and her are very close and always together. Open your eyes, Charlie.

No, I won't even start to think about this. I look straight on the streets.

C: He is their bodyguard, of course they need to be together.

L: I'm just saying she feels lonely when you're gone. But I understand.

Her hand is resting on my arm as we stop by my mom's house. I look at Louise before I want to get out without another word but she grabs my wrist to pull me back in.

L: You know I'm always there for you.

C: I'm okay Louise, but thank you.

I give her a smile before I finally get out of the car. I walk into my mom's house.

G: Daddy!

She immediately sees me and runs into my arms. I pick her up to give her a kiss on her cheek.

C: Mon ange.

I smile as she rest her head on my shoulder, her arms around my neck. She's always so happy when she's on my arm. I rub over her back as I get lost into the words Louise just said.

Carla: Eh, what is SHE doing here and where is Elisabeth?

Carla points behind me where Louise stands with a soft smile. I look at Carla confused because she raised her voice and seems mad.

C: She's our nanny while Betty is home.

Arthur: Can't you pick up your daughter alone?

My little brother seems also pissed and acts weird. What's going on? Mom is coming in with a glass of water, which she hands Louise.

P: It's fine Arthur and Carla. Betty and Charles had a tough day, of course they could need some help.

L: Thank you, that's nice.

She points to the water and we all sit down on the sofa.

Lorenzo: Alright, what happened? Why is Betty home tho?

I turn to Louise, handing Grace over.

C: Could you please go and play with Grace? I don't want her to hear all of this.

L: But I- Of course.

She gives me a smile and walks out of the room with Grace. I start to tell my family everything about Ryan and that we decided to take some days off to get rid of this craziness.

P: I'm glad you're okay in general. Take that time off from everything.

My mom walks over to give me a hug.

P: I mean only the Monaco GP would've been a lot already but you also need to protect the crown. You're a prince, Charles.

C: Thank you, Mom.

I smile but I still can't get rid of Louise words.

C: Do you think Betty and Ryan would-

Carla: You're kidding me? Don't even say it out loud. You're not believing what the media is saying, right?

She's raising her voice again. It seems like she's fully protecting Elisabeth.

C: No, no, I- I don't know. I mean, I'm not here all the team and maybe she feels lonely and-

Arthur: Okay stop that Charles. Sure she feels lonely when you're not there but that doesn't mean she would cheat on you.

Carla: She loves you so much and to be honest sometimes I think she loves you more than you.

C: Hey, of course I love her!

Carla: Then go and show it to her on vacation. Go with just the three of you. Get some quality time.

I nod. Carla is right. I shouldn't get doubts.