12. Changes

CHARLES POV

G: Daddy!

My daughter walks into the kitchen with a
light blue summer dress on. Her tiny legs are getting strong everyday, walking around miles. I catch her as she runs into my arm to lift her up.

C: Good morning, sunshine. Did you sleep well?

She just claps her hands before she wraps her arms around my neck. Elisabeth is coming after her and looks to us smiling.

E: My dream team.

She gives us both a kiss.

C: Your dad wants to see us.

I look at her as we both know why that ist. The news. Elisabeth is turning to Lisa who's already here with Chris. She's asking for the newspaper.

L: We haven't got them today, your highness.

E: Awesome.

She mumbles. I know she's furious. I call Louise to give her Grace.

C: Please take care of her. We're going over alone .

Louise: Sure.

She picks up Grace but she already starts to cry. She screams and reaches out her arms to me. I feel bad. She struggles so much all the time.

Louise: It's okay, your daddy is coming right back.

She is so caring about Grace, as she's trying to calm her down. I look after them with a slightly smile. I wish I could be more there for Grace but Elisabeth also needs me and it's better when Grace is not there while talking to George.

E: Grace needs to learn it, even tho it's hard.

Elisabeth walks over to me hugging my waist. I know she also hates that's we can still hear Grace crying but she's right.

E: We're still here and will be back in a couple of minutes.

I nod to her but look up to Lisa.

C: Please tell Louise, that she can bring Grace over if she's not calming down soon.

Lisa curtsy with a nod before I take Elisabeth's hand. We walk over to the palace to meet her Dad. I'm very curious what the news are talking about Grace birthday and her first ever appearance.

We see George sitting at his desk with the newspapers in his hand. He looks up as we walk in.

KG: There you are.

E: How bad is it?

Elisabeth sighs and we both sit down. Her dad looks back at the newspaper to read out loud.

KG: A big royal birthday party - Princess Grace adorable first royal appearance.

C: That's good, right?

I squeezes Elisabeth hand happy. She gives me a soft smile but looks back to her Dad who continues reading the headlines of other newspapers.

KG: Charles Leclerc is showing off his little family. Princess Grace being a little sassy Queen.

Elisabeth stands up to walk behind her Dad.

E: The article is a positive one. They love her being sassy. They write we're a cute, fun and normal family.

KG: Yes, no bad comment at all.

George puts the newspapers to the side and Elisabeth is coming next to me. I already lean back into my chair.

C: We probably just need to find out about what we can do with Grace when we're in public so she won't get scared of cheers.

KG: Good idea, time to figure it out. I want you to take her to engagements like Liam and Anna.

E: Dad, this was a one time thing. I won't take her to our engagements.

KG: I know, not for every engagement but I want her to be more seen. She's a princess and part of the Monaco royalty. Get her used to it.

I see how's Elisabeth already gets stressed. I put my hand on her knee. Grace is getting older. She will understand.

C: Give us time to figure it out.

KG: You're currently the favorite royals in the world. They want to see you. It's good for our royalty. Grace did good and the media loves you.

Elisabeth takes a deep breath.

E: Fine, but only to family events where Liam and Anna are with her. And no pressure.

She looks to me and I give her a nod. George is right. It's time for Grace and we knew it was about to happen. It was just a matter of time.