9. Birthday Party

C: There is my beautiful wife.

Charles stands in the door frame with blue pants, a black shirt and a blue jacket. He looks very handsome. He walks over to kiss me. He takes my hand to turn me around to check me out. I wear a yellow dress.

C: Where is Grace?

E: They're giving her a quick bath, while I got dressed.

I wrap my arms around Charles neck, enjoying being close to him all the time. Charles notices something is wrong with me and raises my chin up.

C: Are you okay?

No, I'm not. How should I? My baby is getting shown off for the whole world in a few minutes. How should I be okay with that? I put on a smile.

E: Yeah, She seems to be in a good mood today.

C: They will love her. She's our daughter.

He laughs , trying his best to cheer me up. I go to the window and look out.

E: Did they block off the media?

C: Yes, they have a separate area. They can take pictures from a safe distance until we go to them.

He gives me a kiss on my hair because Louise is walking in. She lets Grace down.

L: The birthday girl is dressed and ready for her big day.

Louise curtsy as Grace is walking with her little blue dress over to us. Her white socks are the cutest in the blue sandals.

E: Thank you, Louise.

She curtsy again before he leaves the room. Grace hugs Charles leg and wants to get picked up. Charles lifts her up, making sure if I'm ready to go. I rub Grace over her back and we make our way downstairs. Our staff is waiting there to sing Happy Birthday to Grace. She looks to all the people. I show her to clap and cheer after they finished.

E: That was very sweet.

C: Thank you. We appreciate it.

We continue to make our way over to the palace where also Charles family already awaits us. They sing for Grace again. She's a bit overwhelmed but still happy.

G: Da, daddy!

She points to the balloons, still being on Charles arm. I go over to greet everyone with a hug. My dad walks over to her to be the first one, wishing her a happy birthday.

KG: My little girl, happy first birthday. You're gonna be a good princess.

He gives her a kiss on the forehead and tickles her a bit which makes her giggle. I stand next to Simon and watch them.

S: Ready for the big day, little sis?

He puts his arm around my shoulder. I lean against him. I want to grab Grace and run away.

S: She will do great.

He whispers as he gives me a kiss on my hair. Madeline is coming inside with Liam and Anna. They're running over to Grace as Charles lets her down.

Liam: Gracie, you have to wave outside!

Anna: Yes, like this.

They're showing Grace how to act infront of the citizen and media. Crazy that they already know about it so well. They're just kids. Charles notices how I look down.

C: Anna! Liam! Relax, don't stress Grace. She's still a baby.

Carla kneels down to Grace. 

Carla: Gracie, should we take a look outside?

Carla looks up to me, I give her a little nod. Great idea. Carla picks Grace up and goes to the window. She's moving the curtains away to look outside with Grace.

G: Da?

Grace points outside to the people. Arthur comes next to Carla.

A: They're all there for you. They're very nice people.

We get the notice that it's time for us to get outside. Carla gives Grace over on my arm. Lisa makes sure, Grace dress is sitting perfectly for a princess, while she's on my arm. Charles gives me and Grace a kiss before we go outside. We can hear the cheers as we walk down the steps of the palace. Grace is watching but not more. She's relaxed.

C: She doesn't care at all.

Charles laughs seeing Grace like this on my arm. I look to her smiling. I start to wave.

E: Look, say hi to everyone.

C: Show them how you can wave, mon ange.

We try to show her to wave but she wants to get down.

G: Mommy!

C: She's fine.

Charles smile and I let Grace down with a little sigh. I still grab her little hand but she starts walking straight away. I let go of her hand and watch her with Charles.

C: Oh the balloons!

Grace walks over to them and starts playing with them. She turns around, calling her dad. Liam already runs to her to play with her together. Charles also goes over and kneels down to her.

C: Are these balloons? Are you having fun?

G: Da!

She plays more, showing Charles all the different balloons. I watch them smiling. My mom appears next to me.

QS: Look, she's so happy, my dear.

E: She's doing so good.

QS: Sometimes you just need to try out.

E: Thanks for always being so supportive, mom.

Charles picks up Grace to follow the royal protocol of the day. We're talking with some locals who did this garden party for Grace.

E: Thank you for organizing all of this.

C: Grace is having a very good time only because of you.

He let Grace down again and this time I follow her for a bit. I also let her be alone or with Anna and Liam for a bit.

Chris: We should go to the citizen and fans now to get the presents.

Charles agrees and I go over to take off Grace jacket since it got warmer. I want to pick her up but she's pushing me away.

G: No!

I take a deep breath. I try to not show everyone. I kneel down to her to talk eye to eye.

E: We have to say hello to all the people who came here today. It's real quick and then you can go back playing with Liam, okay?

She starts to stomp her feet and cries as I want to pick her up. My biggest nightmare is becoming reality. How should I manage this with all eyes being on us?