41. Separate You

G: Mommy!

Grace runs into my arms as she sees me. Her face is full of tears. I pick her up, wishing her tears away worried.

E: What's wrong, my dear?

She points to her knee which is bleeding. Ryan is coming over with tissues.

R: She was running too fast and stumbled over her feet. I couldn't catch her in time, sorry.

E: It's okay, she will be fine.

I give Ryan a smile to show him, he doesn't need to worry. It happens. She is a toddler. It's okay to get scars. I sit down, Grace on my lap while Ryan cleans her wound. I sigh, looking out of the window to look to Charles who is still down at the lake.

E: You're so strong Gracie.

I give her a kiss on her head. She looks up to me and points to my face.

G: Mommy hurt?

Ryan looks up to me and gives me a tissue. I wish the tear away, which was rolling over my cheek.

E; Yeah, mommy got also hurt but you know what? We're strong girls and will get over it.

Charles walks into the living room. More tears are coming which I can't hold back.

G: Down!

She gets off my lap to see if my knee is also bleeding. She already forgot about her own knee. Charles kneels down to Grace to distract her.

C: Wanna come to daddy mon ange?

G: Daddy!

She sees him and giggles as she runs into his arms. Charles throws her in the air. I don't want to cry infront of Grace so I run outside. Trying to breathe. Our little family will never be the same again.

RYAN POV

I see Elisabeth running outside crying. I go to the window to watch her worried. She breaks down crying in the garden. I sigh.

C: I'm gonna take out Grace for dinner to give Elisabeth some space.

R: Okay.

I only nod while watching Elisabeth to make sure she's okay.

Marcus: I'm gonna come with you.

My friend from bodyguard school, Marcus is with us since the last couple of days because of situations like this and I can't be awake 24/7. We don't know what Louise is doing but all I want is to protect this family. I hear Charles grabbing his key cars.

C: Ryan?

R: Yes?

I turn to him with a soft smile.

C: You and Elisabeth, I mean-

R: She tried to save your marriage, Charles.

C: O-okay.

He nods slowly before he walks out with Marcus and Grace. After watching Elisabeth for a bit I decide to go outside to her.