6. Fight

A little bit later Charles, Grace and I are making our way over to my Dad. I'm curious what he is going to tell us. It has something to do with Grace 1st birthday and I'm not sure if I'm ready for this.

E: Good Morning, Dad.

KG: Great, that you finally have time for your father.

C: Go and say hi to Grandpa. Tell him how yummy your breakfast was.

Charles let Grace down. She runs over to my Dad to hug his leg. I try to hide my giggle as I sit down with Charles. Dad gives me a warning gaze as he picks you Grace to let her sit on his lap.

KG: I wanna talk with you about her birthday.

E: What is it? The garden party is all set and as far as I know most of the guests are coming?

Suddenly the door slams open and Simon walks in. He has a white shirt and black jeans on.

S: Hi, sorry.

KG: All of you, where is your respect? I want you to be here immediately when I call you. I don't care about anything else.

E: Grace needed some breakfast and Charles just came back from Jeddah.

Charles smiles softly and takes my hand to support me.

S: Anna got sick and throw up all night. I stayed up to help Maddie.

KG: You have nanny's for this. Take your royal job seriously.

E: We're their parents. Grace was so happy that Charles is back.

KG: That's how it works, my dear. You didn't grow up differently. You all have to become a royal again.

He also looks over to Simon, who looks down. I get mad inside.

E: No, you said you're okay with Grace growing up like a normal girl. So no, I'm not doing it like you and Mom.

KG: I have enough of your attitude, Elisabeth.

He lets Grace walking around so he can get up. He walks over to his window and looks out of it. He likes to have a view over the whole palace and garden.

C: George, we just want the best for Grace.

My dad slowly turns around to us, crossing his arms.

KG: You can have that garden party, but it's time for Grace first public appearance.

E: What- what do you mean exactly?

I raise an eyebrow and get suspicious. My heart is beating faster. I notice how nervous I get. He can't be serious.

KG: We will do a reception and invite the citizen. You'll meet them with Grace infront of the palace.

E: No!

I jump up. He can't take that decision away from us. Simon walks over to me.

S: It's just saying hi, Betty. It's nothing bad. We kinda own it Monaco after one year.

E: You knew?

I get hurt. How can he keep this a secret to me? He wants to put his hand on my arm but I push him away.

S: I knew you would've freak out, that's why I suggested Dad to wait for Charles.

C: Eh yes, I don't know. Maybe it would be for the best.

Charles looks to me not sure what to say. I shake my head. How can he betray me like this? He walks over to me.

C: The paparazzi are on their side. We can protect Grace. She won't get scared. Just waving and saying hi to the citizen. Everyone asks for Grace, we could give them what they want and maybe they'll stop chasing us.

E: No.

I go over to pick up Grace and leave the room.

CHARLES POV

I look after Elisabeth and sigh. I fucked up.

KG: Talk to her. We're going to put out the invitation tonight.

I wanted to say something but the decision is fixed. I won't change it. I look to Simon to tell him he should've warned me. But guess he wanted that as well.

I run after Elisabeth and Grace.

C: Princess, wait! 

E: I can't believe you just did that, Charles!

She turns to me. Her voice is filled with anger. I hurt her. Grace covers her ears.

C: I know. I'm sorry, but let's not fight infront of Grace.

E: Louise!

She turns to our house entrance and our nanny is running outside to us. She already noticed what's going on and only takes Grace to go back inside with her. I shake my head. I don't wanna fight.

C: That's not what I meant.

E: We said we're going to talk about this kind of decisions. And now you fall all over my Dad saying "yeah let's go, great idea"?

She crosses her arms. I sigh and want to pull her to me. I really don't want to fight about this but she pushes me away.

E: No, Charles. I said I may be okay to take her to a race but not to an event only for her where all eyes are going to be on her.

She leaves me mad and walks inside our house to Grace. I run my fingers through my hair. This is a mess.