27. Elisabeth

CHARLES POV

I come back home after a long day at the track. Chris is already with me and talks non stop about all the royal duties I have to do. I don't even listen to him. Suddenly I hear a girls voice.

Louise: Charles, wait!

I turn around and see her with a blue dress now. She runs over to me.

C: Hey, what's going on?

L: Come with me.

She grabs my wrist and pulls me away. I follow her confused but also hear Chris calling after me.

Chris: I'll see you on time tomorrow.

I roll my eyes and stop Louise.

C: So, what's wrong? Something up with Grace?

L: No, I need to talk to you.

C: Tell me, you okay?

L: No, it's- it's Elisabeth. I think she hates me. I don't know what to do?

I see her eyes get teary and she seems really upset. I take a deep breath before I sigh. Perfect. Not.

C: Hey, Elisabeth doesn't hate you, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Don't worry about that.

L: She gave me off but the I had to be with the queen all day long? I can take care of Grace, why Queen Sophia?

C: It's because Grace got sick and she felt better with Sophia taking care. Grace is trouble if she's sick.

L: No, it's not because of he being sick. She's just teething but guess she didn't tell you that she kicked me out last night. She yelled at me.

She gets really upset but also a bit angry.

C: She's was just upset. She doesn't mean it. She didn't believe you that you tried to calm Grace down.

L: I did, Charlie, I really did.

She starts to cry and I don't really know what to do.

L: I really want to do right but I don't know-

C: This has nothing to do with you, don't worry.

She wraps her arms around me and starts crying into my shoulder. I sigh and pull her closer to calm her down.

L: Couldn't you try and talks to Elisabeth?

She lets go off me and sobs, her cheeks are full with tears.

C: I can try, but only if you stop being upset.

I raise an eyebrow smiling. She quickly wishes her tears away and smiles as well. Finally.

L: Yeah, okay. Thank you so much.

She hugs me happy again, which makes me laugh.

C: I'll see you tomorrow. You can take care of Grace after we leave for the free practice tomorrow.

She nods happy before I go inside. I check on Elisabeth who's just putting Grace down to sleep. I don't want to get into it and go in the bed room to watch some TV.

********

ELISABETH POV

C: Is Grace sleeping? What about her fever?

I see Charles lay on the bed.

E: She's fine, but she was asking about you.

I smile softly while taking my earrings and bracelets off.

C: Oh I'm sorry, I was just so busy.

E: I know.

C: I'll wake her up tomorrow and spent some quality time with her before the practice.

E: I'm sure, she would love it.

I struggle getting off my dress and walk over to Charles being on the bed. I turn my back to him to help me with the zipper.

E: Would you mind helping me?

Charles opens my zipper very slowly after I put my hair to the side. I wait for him giving me some kisses on my neck before I get up. I let my dress drop onto the floor while walking over to the bathroom. I wait for Charles to follow me but he doesn't come. I sigh upset and take a shower instead.

As I come out of the shower I see Charles falling asleep with his phone in his hand. I smile softly and put his phone on the nightstand. I cover his body with a blanket and give him a kiss on his cheek. He must be so exhausted.