15. Family Goals

I sit on the veranda with Grace my lap, looking towards me. We're eating some strawberries and enjoying the summer day. Like I feed Grace she also wants to feed me. I love these moments with her. I turn around as I hear some footprints approaching.

E: Look who's here.

I whisper to my daughter. She climbs on me to look over my shoulder.

G: Daddy!

She tries to get off my lap quickly to run into Charles arms.

E: Careful sweetheart.

I catch her as she nearly falls out of excitement. She pushes my hand away to run to Charles. I shake my head laughing.

C: Mon ange. I missed you!

He picks her up and spins her around, giving her lot of kisses. She always giggles. So cute. Charles walks over to me to also give me a welcome kiss.

C: I missed you too, princess.

E: Thanks for coming back so quickly.

Grace wraps her arms around Charles neck and hugs him tight. Not wanting to let go off him any time soon. Her head rests on his shoulder. He rubs her gently over his back.

C: Did your Dad say anything yet?

E: No, not that I know. Officially I don't know about anything.

I shrug my shoulders as I listen to my parents secretly.

C: Okay.

Charles nods while I notice he is thinking about something. But he looks to Grace, asking her if she wants to see his parents he got for her. She nods excited and wants to get down. As soon as she's standing she goes to his suitcase and points on it.

G: Daa!

C: She knows too well.

Charles and I laugh. She's so smart, only being one year. We go inside as our staff is bringing Charles suitcase inside and already start to unpack his things. Charles goes to his backpack. Grace follows him excited. He l gets out a stuffed animal - a Miami Dolphin.

C: Look at this.

Charles smiles. She takes it in her arms.

E: That's nearly bigger than her.

C: Oh yes.

We laugh and watch her carrying the stuffed animal out of the living room.

E: Gracie, stop.

I warn her. She turns around with her shiny brown eyes. Why is she so adorable?

E: What do you say if you get a present from someone? What do you say to daddy?

She looks to me and then to Charles before she walks over to him. She hugs him and gives him a kiss as he leans to her.

E: That's right, love. Can you say thank you?

Charles just cuddles with her a bit more before he lets her go. I smile watching him. We try to teach her as much as we can. And it's okay if it's not working right away. She's still a baby - for me.

Grace turns around one more time.

G: Tga Daddy.

E: That was amazing Gracie!

I clap to cheer on her. She walks away happy to hide her new stuffed animal.

C: Nooo, don't grow up too fast.

Charles jokes laughing. I turn to him to give him a hug. How much I missed him.

*******

Aren't they such a cute little family?

Hate to break it to you, Drama is cominggggg 🤭🙈