22. Charity Match

We're sitting in the car as Charles takes my hand. I look to our hands before I look up to him.

C: We are okay, right?

I see Chris who's sitting on the other side that he gets off his call and takes out his headphone so I only nod as an answer. Charles squeezes my hand before he gives a kiss on it.

Chris: The media is insane. It's already very crowded when we arrive. Since we don't know more about the security leak I want you to go straight into the stadium, no stop.

C: We still don't know how they sneaked into the palace?

Chris: They checked the cameras. We couldn't catch anyone sneaking in. We need to protect the crown. You both know they're a lot of critics about it. The best time for them is the change of the throne. We need to be careful with every step we take.

C: Make sure to always protect Elisabeth and Grace first.

He looks to me worried. Chris nods.

Chris: Of course, your highness. We will also get more security for everyone.

I sigh.

E: It's just one video. We shouldn't overthink it. Charles and I fought and that's just the reality.

Chris: But not in times like this.

I roll my eyes on him.

Chris: Okay, you want videos of you? Go for it but then stop fighting.

In that moment we arrive at the stadium. Cameras flashing into the car. I try to look outside but get blended. I want to get out. I see Ryan getting out to open the door but I already do it by myself and get out on my own.

C: Congrats Chris, worked perfectly to calm her down.

I hear Charles as he gets out as well. The cameras flashing into our faces. I can barely see. I looking for Charles hand and he takes it.

Paparazzi 1: Princess Elisabeth, Prince Charles! Are you still in love?

Paparazzi 2: Why did you fight?

Paparazzi 3: Did you break up?

Suddenly Charles start to run towards the stadium. I got surprised and let out a little scream but follow him running. I laugh as we stop inside the stadium.

C. There is the smile I missed.

E: Well, if you're not with me, you can't see the smile. And...

I go closer to him, nearly touching his lips.

E: You can't taste this.

I kiss him but he's pushing me gently away, giving me a kiss on my forehead. I swallow.

C: Thank you for coming today, princess.

E: Well, like I said. This is my charity organization, so basically I'm not here for you.

I try to joke and tease him, not wanting to show him how hurt I am, that he didn't kiss me back.

C: Cheeky.

He grins as he nudges my nose. Carlos, Pierre, Kika and Isa are walking over so he hugs him hello. I do this as well. We chat for a bit before we have to do some photos for the charity event. After that I go and sit down with Kika and Isa to watch the match together.

Kika: So tell us, what's going on between you and Charles?

I sigh. Of course even my friends saw that video of us.