44. The Plan

Three days later I walk outside with Grace. Charles is sitting on the terrace, checking some mails.

G: Ouchi.

C: Oh what did you do?

He looks at the bandages on her legs. She put five on it.  I tousle through her hair.

E: She has a little cut and couldn't choose which bandage she wanted. The giraffe or the bear.

I sit down next to him laughing. Charles nods understanding with a grin before he picks up Grace on his lap.

C: Did you enjoy your vacation?

G: Yes!

She nods happy and hugs him. We enjoyed the last couple of days a lot. It was just us. We did some hikes, spent the time on the lake. Even tho more people
recognized us we still had a lot of privacy. It was great to be like this. Everything felt so normal. I'm gonna miss it. While I remember the past days I watch my husband and daughter smiling. We're stronger than ever before.

G: Down!

Charles releases her and she goes to her play area. We look after her when Ryan and Marcus sits down with us.

R: We're going home tomorrow. We should talk about Louise.

I look down and start to play with my hands. How much I avoided this the past few days. I literally blocked it out of my hand. Charles notices that I get nervous and takes my hand smiling. He squeezes it.

C: How can we get the proof?

R: Marcus sent an application to the palace, since they're looking for new bodyguards for you. In this way I can work with him even tho I'm not with you.

E: Marcus, you're amazing.

I look to him before I turn to Ryan.

E: But I want you back Ryan and I'm gonna do everything for it.

R: For the protection of the crown it's better we're not gonna be seen. Marcus and I talked about everything.

C: I'm with Ryan in this one, princess. We shouldn't give anyone more ideas.

He squeezes my hand again. Ryan nods thankful to him.

R: We also shouldn't do anything near your dad, Elisabeth. Have you decide whether you wanna go to Canada with Charles?

E: Yeah, we talked about it last night. Grace and I are gonna join Charles.

A oversea race. But I don't want to be away from Charles again. We just got back closer together.

R: That's perfect. I'm gonna come with you. Marcus and I are going to observe Louise. We're gonna get the proof we need.

E: And how? 

C: Don't freak out, okay?

E: Charles?!

I get confused but my heart beats already faster. Did they talk  behind my back?  What's the plan here?

C: We're doing  trap. I'm gonna talk to her alone. First I wanna see with my own eyes if you're all right. I do believe you but I'm still not over the fact she is someone like this. Let's see if she's really in love with me. I'm gonna reject her. She's gonna freak out after.

E: No, you're not gonna be alone with her. No way. That's the stupidest idea ever.

I stand up shocked and walk nervously around.

R: We're gonna have cameras. You can watch and hear them with us. Maybe she spills the tea to Charles.

E: Maybe I should just talk to dad.

Charles pulls me by my hips to him.

C: I love you, princess. You don't have to worry about anything.

E: I don't want her to touch you. You're mine

I pouted. He needs to smile.

C: And I'll always be yours. I'm only doing this for our family.

He kisses me gently.

E: Okay, fine. Let's do it.

I watch to Charles, Ryan and Marcus. Not feeling good with this and so not convinced, but better to have proof to tell my dad than without. In case we get proof she's going to jail for trying to destroy the crown. The only motivation for letting her be alone with my husband.