Prologue & Chapter 1: Gotham City

[Prologue]

Intro music: "Can You Hold Me" by NF

Everyone's life changes at some point

Everyone's life changes at some point. I was twelve when the unexpected event occurred that changed my life forever...

I was with my parents at The Gotham's Theater and we were watching a play performance. My father, Thomas Wayne, a well-known doctor at the Gotham General Hospital, and the CEO of Wayne Enterprise, our family company, was running for a major at that time.

My father wanted to make Gotham a better place and give people a chance to live better life. He fought for better Gotham. He fought to free Gotham from crime and corruption.

For humanity.

For us, his family.

My father said: "Better times are ahead for us Bruce" and our lives will change for the better. But he was wrong. I've never thought that day would be the last time I'll see my parents...

After the play performance ended, we walked out of the Gotham's Theater into the coldness of Gotham streets. My mom grabbed my hand for safety as we walked down to busy cold dark streets searching for a cab.

"I know a shortcut", my father said as he led us into the dark alley.

A man dressed in black came out of nowhere and pointed a gun at us.

"Give me your wallet!" The man shouted pointing with his gun at my father as my mother tightened her grip on my arm in fear and shook.

It was a robbery.

"We'll cooperate. There's no need for violence", my father assured as he reached for his wallet.

"The necklace!!!" The man panicked waving his gun between my parents and ripped the pearl necklace from my mother neck who refused to give it to him then without a warning he pointed a gun at my father.

I saw everything in slow motion. The beads of pearls from my mother's necklace falling to the ground followed with a gunshot.

My mother screamed.

Another piercing gunshot rang.

I remember the last words my father spoke to me before he died. "It's alright, Bruce. You're be alright."

I don't remember much of the activity around me that night. The faint sirens in the distance. The young police officer James Gordon offering to take me to the police station to his older brother, William Gordon, the former commissioner of Gotham. Alfred Pennyworth, our loyal butler, whom my parents had named my legal guardian, coming to take me home...