Chapter 12: Green is the Bat

I could feel my head pounding as I fluttered my eyes open and attempted to look around the surrounding.

My vision was a bit blurry but after blinking a few times, my eyes open wide.

The last thing I remember is getting out of my car in front of WE when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. I don't remember anything after that. I must have blacked out.

I tried to get up but then I realized I was tied up on a chair and I wasn't alone.

Oliver Queen was tied up on a chair next to me, unconscious. I thought he left Gotham. I guess I was wrong and she's seeing him.

Oliver woke up soon and glanced around. He was just as surprised seeing me as I was seeing him a few minutes ago.

"Where are we?" Oliver asked me, looking around the surrounding.

"Probably at one of Gotham's abandoned warehouses", I replied.

"How did you get here? I was walking down the street when someone hit me from behind", Oliver asked.

"Same as you", I replied, thinking. Who would kidnap two billionaires in the middle of the day? Ransom?

"Do you know who is standing behind this?" Oliver asked. We both could hear footsteps coming closer and closer.

"No but I have a feeling we are about to find out."

"Mr. J!"

I could recognize that voice anywhere. It's Harley. Which means...

Joker.

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. "Not now HARLEY!"

"But... but... They're awake", Harley stammered.

"Awake you say... WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?" Joker was yelling at her.

"Sorry Mr. J", Harley apologized, looking aside.

"Let great our guests then", Joker suggested, walking over to us. He doesn't know I'm Batman nor Oliver is Green Arrow. It can't be something personal and it's not about money. He doesn't kidnap people for money, he robs banks.

"I don't think she is coming Mr. J", Harley said.

She?

"PATIENCE!" Joker yelled at her, again.

With Joker it's mostly about pranks, money, or bombs. Or all of three. But... she?

"She'll be here", Joker added.

I don't like where this is going...

"Do you know about whom he's talking about?" Oliver asked me.

"No clue", I said to Oliver, ignoring Joker to piss him off. Joker hates being ignored. Always in the center of everyone's attention as a clown, he once was and still is. You can't take the clown out of Joker.

Joker shot his gun. "Boys, boys... THE NEXT BULLET ー !"

"She's here Mr. J!" Harley exclaimed happily, clapping her hands.

My eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Princess", Joker's eyes shone seeing her, "so lovely of you to join us. I see you manage to escape your bodyguards."

"You again. What do you want?" She asked before she saw us tied down.

"What is this?" Her eyes darted between Oliver and me.