-1-

Kat's POV

Kat woke up in the middle of the night and went down to get some water from the fridge. It was already around 2 am and she was half asleep. Kat opened the fridge, but her eyes struggled to adjust to the sudden intrusion of light as she fumbled for a glass of water. The clock on the wall silently ticked away the seconds. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Kat?"

She almost jumped three feet backward. She spun around, water dripping from the sides of the glass.

"Billie?" The only source of light came from the fridge, exposing Billie's face. Her teal hair matched her eye color, and her clothing style mirrored the lifeless expression on her face.

"What the heck? What are you doing here?" Kat stammered.

"I like your pajama," Billie smiled, her eyes shamelessly trailing up and down Kat's body. Kat only wore a cropped top and a tanga. At some point during the night, she had taken off her pants and thrown them across the room because it got way too hot in her room.

Ignoring Billie's comment, Kat demanded an explanation. "Seriously, Billie, what's going on?"

Billie hesitated. "I'm afraid I might be fucking m your brother... assuming you're Noah's sister."

Kat's eyes widened in shock. "You're doing what now?"

"Well, I'm just realizing I might have picked the wrong sibling," Billie chuckled.

Kat almost choked on her water. "I am not—I am not like that,"

"Like what?" Billie raised an eyebrow.

"G-Gay," Kat stumbled, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Relax, KitKat, I'm just joking," Billie reassured with a smirk.

"O-okay," Kat mumbled, still processing, "but still, what the heck are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"I was hungry, but looks like I already found a snack," Billie joked.

Kat turned completely red but tried to ignore it as best as she could. "Well, my brother should be asking you this, but what do you wanna eat?"

Billie looked at Kat excitedly. "What do you have?"

"I could make you scrambled eggs if you want," Kat offered.

"Thanks, but I'm vegan."

"Oh, that's nice, then maybe just a toast?"

"Gluten-free."

"Damn, what can you eat?"

Billie smiled, and when her eyes moved down very slowly and subtly, Kat immediately knew what came to her mind.

"Ok, stop, don't say it."

"Bro, I didn't even say anything," Billie laughed with a playful voice, "don't you have like a banana or something?"

Kat raised an eyebrow and tossed a banana to her. "Here you go. I think there's another 'banana' waiting for you upstairs," she hinted.

"Right," Billie said. "Although," she hesitated, "I can't sleep with his snoring."

"Yeah, it can be really annoying, I know," Kat laughed.

"Yes, so can I—um, maybe stay in your room instead?"

Kat looked at her with big eyes. "What? No, Billie, I'm not your boyfriend."

Billie sighed extra loud and kept looking at her, but there was no way Kat would give in.

"Just deal with it, wake him up or something," Kat argued.Billie looked almost disappointed.

"Aight, bet."

"Unbelievable," Kat thought and shook her head as she went back upstairs into her room, leaving her brother's girl alone in the kitchen. Kat tossed and turned in bed for another hour, still trying to process the weird encounter with Billie.

——————

Soooo the first chapter :) idk this time I didn't wanna wait to release the whole story at once, but instead hold myself accountable and keep writing regularly!