-11-

Kat strolled through the art gallery and let her gaze wander over each work of art. Her friend Lena had persuaded her to go to this exhibition together of their town. She wasn't much of an artist herself, but she enjoyed looking at other people's art.

Every now and then she saw a piece that made her stop to examine it closer. Yet again she saw a work that made her reflect and stopped. It was fascinating, a chaotic yet harmonious blend of colors that somehow expressed a deep sense of vulnerability and connection. Kat leaned closer to read the artist's explanation next to it.

"Pretty tight, isn't it?" said a familiar voice behind her. Kat turned and spotted Billie, whose gaze was fixed on the piece in front of them. Surprised, Kat barely managed a nod.

"Yeah, it's...it's really something," she replied, struggling to find the right words.

"It's mine," Billie revealed, her eyes met Kats.

Kat looked at her confused. "Really? No way," she said in disbelieve as she read the name tag next to it which indeed said 'Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell'

"Omg It is," Kat said excitedly. "Wild name by the way."

"Thanks," Billie chuckled. "I don't know what was going on in my parents minds. I love them but what the hell."

"What was the inspiration for your picture?" Kat asked, genuinely interested.

Billie hesitated, her gaze wandering back to the artwork. "Let's sit down," Billie said as she sat down on the bench in front of the picture.

"ok," Kat chuckled confused as she sat down beside her and looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to answer her question,

"It's about connections. The kind that changes you, challenges you and brings out parts of you that you didn't even know existed."

Her words hit Kat right in the heart as they reminded what she was currently going through as well. " I relate to this more than you'll ever realize," she said softly.

Billie smiled back "Maybe I do. You know, when I was working on that piece, I felt like I was revealing a part of my soul to complete strangers to see. It's terrifying and liberating all at once."

Kat nodded. "It's brave, allowing yourself to be so vulnerable."

"yea, but It's fucking scary to let someone really see you, the real you." Billie's gaze met hers, steady and revealing.

"Is that how you feel now? Scared?" Kat asked carefully, her question hanging in the air between them like a challenge.

Billie swallowed, the truth itching at the back of her throat. "Yes. Because I'm starting to realize that maybe I want to be seen. But I'm afraid of what that means, of how it changes things. But it's nice to know when people can relate."

Kat listened closely, her eyes never leaving Billie's as her hand reached out to comfort her knee.

"I'm looking forward to see more from you Bil. You're really inspiring."

Billie looked down at Kats hands, breaking the eye contact and put her own hand on top. The contact was light, but it sent waves of electricity through Kats body.

Then, the real world intruded—a group of attendees entered the room, their laughter bursting the bubble they'd created.

"I think, I-I should look for my friend again," Kat stumbled.

"Sure, I'll see you around KitKat," Billie smiled as Kat left to find Lena.

"Oh there you are Kat, I've been looking for you."

"Yea sorry, I was caught up on a painting."

"Which one? By the way did you see Billie and Odessa are here if you wanna say hi?

"Really? No I haven't seen them." Kat lied. "But I'm actually pretty hungry. Let's get put of here and get some food."

"Yea, let's go to that Pizza place around the corner," Lena suggested and I eagerly agreed.

———

Hii :)) how are y'all?:) if you like my book so far please give this chapter a like to support me :)