-15-

Today was Odessas birthday party. Kat arrived together with a few of her friends around an hour after it started. The apartment was already buzzing with energy, the air thick with the sound of music and chatter.

"Hi guys you made it," Odessa smiled at them and leaned in for a hug.

"Happy birthday love," Kat smiled as she hugged her back. "Here, this is from the all of us" Kat handed her a small gift bag.

"Omg, thank you!!! I will open all the presents later," she smiled excitedly. "Come in," she guided them.

As they stepped in, Kat's eyes automatically scanned the room checking who was there already. She saw a few people she knew, however, her eyes landed on Noah and Billie who were cozied up in a corner. They were laughing about something, and Noah leaned in to give Billie a quick kiss. Kat quickly looked away again feeling weird for looking and turning her attention back to her friends.

Normani moved toward the kitchen. "First things first, let's grab some drinks."

"So, Kat, spotted your brother and Billie yet?" Normani teased, nudging her.

"Yeah, I mean a lota people here I know, but couldn't miss them if I tried," Kat replied, trying to keep her tone light.

Camila laughed, handing Kat a drink. "Let's get drunk, shall we?" she suggested, leading the way into the crowd.

"Yeah, before I start overthinking," Kat muttered, more to herself than to her friends.

The trio clinked their glasses together, pouring down their first shot and already filling up their next drink. The night progressed and they mixed up with the crowd to talk to some old friends and classmates. Kat found herself enjoying the party a lot while dancing along to some oldie music in the back. As the evening went on, Kat got more and more relaxed under the influence of good music and more alcohol.

Suddenly Kat noticed a group of people sitting in a circle on the floor in the living room. She walked up to them curious what they were doing. Billie sat cross-legged with her back against the couch with a blanket wrapped around her.

Kat quickly walked up to her, already a little tipsy. "AYYY give me some of that blankettttt," she moaned as she plopped down next to Billie, snuggling into the blanket and leaning into her without waiting for a response.

Billie looked surprised but quickly smiled and casually put an arm around her friend. "Come here, We're playing 'Would you rather''

Normani and Camila joined the circle too, smirking at Kat's and Billie cuddled up but not saying anything.

"Alright, would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?"

Laughter filled the group as each person resounded and they started discussing.

"Okay my turn," Kat said excitedly. "Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?"

Billie's answered soft and deliberate. "I'd rather forget who I was. The people in my life... they're what make me who I am," she said, her gaze meeting Kat's. "Also how nice would it be to fucking forget who you are and just completely reinvent yourself."

"Bro that sounds depressing," Selin said. "I'd rather forget everyone in my life and get to know them again. I can't imagine loosing everything I am,"

As the game progressed, the questions started getting deeper and eventually more spicy. Camila asked, "Would you rather be able to talk to animals or know every language in the world?"

Billie leaned in, so talking to Kat directly. "Every language, for sure. Then I could understand everyone... including you," she teased, her eyes piercing through Kat's in a playful challenge.

Kat laughed, "I'm an open book... in a language you already know," she quipped back.

"Do I thought?" She said mysteriously.

"Okay," Laura continued. "Would you rather secretly watch someone during sex or have someone watch you and knowing you're being watched without seeing them."

Billie's answer came without hesitation, "Be watched," she said, her voice steady. "100000%,"

"Damn Billie," Odessa laughed. "Something you wanna share? like ur sexual fantasies or something?" Odessa laughed.

"With you any time," Billie winked at Odessa playfully as the group cheered.

Alright, lets change topics," Billie stated, "Would you rather fall deeply in love but never have physical intimacy, or have an incredible sex life with someone you don't love?"

The group fell into a huge argument over this question. At some point, Kat pulled herself from the argument and simply leaned her head against Billie's shoulder.

"You okay there, Kat?" Billie asked, her voice soft, filled with something Kat couldn't quite grasp. She made the mistake to look up from Billies shoulder. Her nose was slightly brushing over Billies lips when she moved her head and their eyes locked. In that moment, the chaos from the party faded into the background. She could feel Billie's breath against her cheek and when she glimpsed down she saw that her lips were only inches away from hers. As she looked up she caught Billie looking down as well and then biting her lips looking back up. The air became incredibly thick and Kat suddenly got really nervous so she quickly put her head back down breaking the eye contact.

"Mhm, just perfect," Kat mumbled.

"Guys we're not gonna get to an agreement," Camila interrupted Kats thoughts.

"Nope," Lauren agreed. "How about we play "Never Have I Ever," instead?" she suggested and everyone loved the idea. Noah joined the game as well, sitting down in front of Billie and Kat.

"Okay if you have done the thing you gotta drink," Normani explained. "Lets start easy: Never have I ever skipped class"

Everyone drank in that first few rounds however the questions got more specific the more alcohol they drank. "Never have I ever kissed someone from the same gender" Normani teased but she didn't drink herself.

A couple people drank, including Kat, which gained some wondering glances from a few players amongst them her brother Noah. As far as everyone knew she was the straight girl.

Then, Dinah asked an even more personal question: "Never have I ever made out with someone in this circle."

Without thinking Kat reached out to her drink and took a sip. When she looked up she saw that the only two other people drinking were Noah and Billie. Her eyes locked with Billie's as they both realised that Kat fucked up and she started to panic.

Just as the implications began to dawn in the group, Normani noticed and quickly grabbed her drink and took a big sip. "Friends can kiss," she smiled as Kat threw her a thankful look for covering up her mistake. Relief flooding through her as Normani winked subtly at her.

Kat felt her heart rate increase as memories of the night she kissed Billie flooded back vividly in her mind.

"Never have I ever wanted to kiss someone in this circle... again," Normani teased quietly enough so only Kat and Billie could could hear. However, they chose to ignore the comment and just went on with the game.

The game eventually wound down, and people started to walk away, but Kat and Billie remained seated, talking drunkly. Their legs were tangled up under the blanked and Billie rested one hand casually just above Kats knee whereas the party went on around them.

------------

did you notice that Normani did not drink when someone asked if she ever kissed a girl but then did drink when she got asked if she kissed someone in this room ? She wanted to implement that she kissed kat to save her from that awkward situation, but how is that possible if she has never kissed a girl?

------------------

lmao Billie leaked like half of her album at Coachella AHAHAH I love it.

ALSO can we talk about how we're getting a fucking gay song. JESUS CRIST im so ready we needed this .. AHHH.