-14-

"Hey,"

As Kat looked up from her desk, she saw Billie standing at the doorframe.

"Heyy,"

"I just woke up, do you have any idea where Noah is? He's not answering his phone."

"Um, yeah, as far as I know, he has an appointment," Kat responded.

"Oh okay, then I guess I'll go home now," Billie said, lost in thought.

"Well, if you want, you can wait for him here as well. I think he should be back soon," Kat offered, feeling pretty bored anyway.

Billie hesitated for a second, checking her watch before her eyes caught something else in the back of Kat's room. "Dude, do you play the guitar?" she asked excitedly.

"I mean not really," Kat admitted, almost embarrassed. "It's mostly just chilling in the corner of my room. (-every bisexual ever lmao)

"Do you not enjoy playing the guitar?" Billie asked, genuinely confused.

"No, I do, but I'm- I don't know, it's stupid, but I guess..."

"Can I play?" Billie interrupted me a soft smile forming on her lips.

"Please," Kat agreed, and Billie walked into her room, carefully taking the guitar.

"You probably have to tune it first, though."

Billie nodded, and instead of pulling out a tuning app on her phone, she just did it by ear.

Amazed, Kat looked at her. "Damn, you must play the guitar a lot,"

Billie bit her lip. "I grew up with music; it's what I turn to when I'm-" she dropped mid-sentence and looked down quietly.

Kat didn't want to pressure her, so she let it go. A few moments later, Billie looked satisfied, presumably done tuning.
She started playing a random melody, staring into space dreamily.

"Do you write your own songs?" Kat wondered after hearing the song Billie's brother wrote at her dance performance.

"Sometimes, yes," she replied without looking up from the guitar.

Kat looked at her excitedly, but before she could open her mouth, Billie interrupted."Don't ask me to sing it to you,"

"What, I wasn't even going to ask that," Kat lied. "Can you, though?" she added innocently.

"No,"

"Pleaseee," Kat begged, looking up at her with puppy eyes.

"No, acting all cute won't work with me."

"Pleaseeee," Kat continued.

"Still a no."

"But why not though"

"Because most of the songs I write are sad as fuck."

"And?" Kat couldn't follow.

"And I don't want to ruin the mood,"

"Emotions come and go," Kat argued.

Billie looked at her skeptically.

"Please?" Kat tried again.

"I don't know, bro, what do you even want to hear?"

"The last song you wrote," Kat replied hopefully.

"It ain't even done yet,"

"Then show me what you got,"

Billie sighed. "It's a piano song though originally,"