-13-

After the dinner, everyone said their goodbyes and went home. Billie had gone back to Noah's room to stay for the night, but for some reason her mind didn't stop racing and she couldn't sleep. Mutually, Kat was reading something on her phone on her balcony. Suddenly Kats phone lid up with a message from Billie:

"Mind if I join you?" Billie quietly knocked on the door

Kat turned around and smiled, signalling her to come in.

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" Kat smiled softly.

"It really is. I love stargazing. It's...calming"

"Yeah, It makes everything else seem so... small." Kat spoke up.

Billie nodded, her eyes not leaving the sky. "It's like everything else fades away for a bit. It's calming."

They sat in silence for a while until Billie spoke up again. "Did you ever play 'Constellation Connect' as a kid?" Her gaze fixed on the night sky.

Kat turned to face her. "You mean where you connect stars to form your own constellations and then make up stories about them?"

"Yeah, exactly that." Billie smiled, her eyes still on the stars.

"I thought I was the only one who did that," Kat admitted, a smile creeping onto her face. "My brother thought it was dumb, so I'd play it alone in my backyard."

Billie laughed softly, turning to face Kat. "I used to play it with my grandma."

Their eyes met, and neither of them looked away again.

"Do you have a favorite constellation you made up?" Kat asked curiously, without breaking the eye contact again.

Billie thought for a moment, then pointed towards a cluster of stars. "See those stars there?"

Kat leaned in, following Billies finger.

"When I was little, I connected them into a mannequin. I called it 'Blohsh' My grandma told me a story about an archer who never missed, promising to protect his village from dragons."

Kat laughed. "That's way cooler than mine. I made a constellation that looked like a potato. I called it 'The Great Spud in the Sky.'"

"Bro I once made a poop one and literally was so excited to show everyone as soon as it got dark"

"A poop?" Kat chuckled.

"Yup, so I'd actually love to hear 'The Great Spud in the Sky' saga."

"Well, 'The Great Spud' was no ordinary potato. It was sent by the gods to ensure the people of Earth never went hungry again. But to find it, one had to face a series of trials, including a maze guarded by a ferocious rabbit."

"The fearsome rabbit guardian of the maze," Billie interjected, playing along. "How could anyone possibly get past such a daunting obstacle?"

"With wit and a large carrot," Kat replied, grinning. "Our hero, a young farmer, used his farming skills to outsmart the rabbit and saved the world."

Their laughter filled the night until it eventually died down and they fell into a comfortable silence.

"Can I ask you something?" Kat hesitated.

"Yea of course," Bille smiled.

"Are you doing okay? Like truly, are you okay?" Kat asked genuinely concerned.

"What makes you think I wouldn't be?" Billie asked slowly, her voice a lot lower.

"I dont know, you've seemed a bit... drained. Your dance, your drawings... they're beautiful, but there's a sadness there."

Billie sighed, the genuine concern in Kat's eyes made the walls crumble a bit. "I can't believe you've noticed all this," she whispered.

"Of course," Kat put her hand over Billies.

"Most people dont"

"I'm not most people," Kat said quietly, as she looked at her expectantly for an answer.

"No you're not," Billie agreed barely above a whisper. "Well I dont know what's wrong with me, but I feel all the dark shit, and I feel it very deeply lately."

Kat squeezed Billie's hand, a silent show of support "that must me hard,"

"Yea," Billie agreed.

"Being able to feel as deeply as you do is absolutely beautiful, but it can also completely destroy you. You might feel the dark things very intensely, but that also means you can feel the good things like that, you're emphatic and have a big heart."

"Well, it doesn't feel good," Billie stated. "Sometimes I just wanna escape from my own head."

"Billie you don't have to fight it alone," Kat replied seriously, "you've got people who care, who want to be there for you."

Billie looked up, her eyes shining in the moonlight. "I know, it's just...sometimes it's hard to remember that, but talking to you right now helps"

Kat smiled. "Then let's keep talking."

———-
Guys Omg I can't believe we're getting the album NEXT MONTH. I m so excited Omg.

I also managed to get a signed vinyl I'm so happy jajajjsjsjs.

What do u guys think about the album name and track?