-3-

„You did what??"Camila asked in shock.

"I made out with my brother's girlfriend," Kat said meekly.

Camila and Normani burst into laughter, their mouths wide open.

"Girl, you're crazy, tell me the tea," Camila urged.

"Well, there's not much to tell. You remember the girl I made out with at the party like 3 months ago?"

"Yeah, of course, she was stunning," Normani added.

"Yeah, I thought you had finally turned," Camila winked.

"Turned?" Kat asked, confused.

"Like, to the girls' side."

"I told you, I don't really remember much. I think I just blacked out before the kiss or something; otherwise, I wouldn't have done it. I still don't like girls like that, mani."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway, so she's your brother's girlfriend?"

"Well, they're not officially dating, but yes, I guess?"

"Damn, do you feel awkward?"

"I mean, maybe a bit, I don't know? It's not like I want to date her, so I don't really care."

"Do you want to kiss her again?" Camila asked curiously.

"No," Kat responded almost too quickly. "Although she did hint that she wanted to, maybe? I don't know, but for me, definitely no. There's like zero attraction, romantically or physically."

"So, you don't think she's attractive?" Normani raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean, she's not ugly, but even if I did like girls—which I don't—but if I did, I could never see her that way now that she's seeing my brother."

"Yeah, that is very weird," Camila and Normani both agreed.

"Anyway, maybe we'll become friends or something, though. I still think she's cool, but for now, it's better to keep a little distance, I think."

"Ja ja, okay, if you say so."

"Are you excited for the first day of classes tomorrow?" Kat asked them.

"What kind of question is that, hahaha," Normani looked at her oddly. "Who is excited for school?"

"What do you mean?" Kat asked, confused. "I actually am a bit excited, like seeing everyone again, at least."

"Urgh, that's because everyone literally loves you," Normani commented.

"Huh? You mean the teachers?" Kat asked, confused.

"Well, yeah, the teachers as well, but I meant like everyone from our class."

"Yeah," Camila agreed. "I still don't get how you can be friends with everybody, literally. Like, people be hating each other in the class, but you're like the neutral pool in the middle everyone just likes."

Kat laughed. "Well, I don't know. I just never really took sides when there was a fight or some drama going on, and I think they respected that I am not the person to talk bad about my friends."

"But like, how can you be friends with Lauren even? She is so damn intimidating," Camila complained.

"No, come on, she is actually very nice once you get to know her. You really have to give her a chance, Camz."

"Ja ja, whatever. Our classes are gonna be completely mixed up again, either way, for the new year."

"Aww, yeah, I forgot about that," Normani said sadly. "I really hope we get into a class together."