zero. wake up, break up.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
the prologue.
— QUINN'S POV 🪴

꒰ ☁️ ꒱ °˖ ⊹

"CONNOR NOON!" I shout as I approach my boyfriend.

"Yeah, Quinny?" He asks, but he's not as enthusiastic as he normally is.

"Why aren't you answering my texts?! I texted you like 10 times." I say agitatedly, and he scrambles to get his phone out.

"I wasn't checking it, I'm sorry." He mumbles, "what did you need?"

I know Brady and Amiya are paying attention to our conversation, so I decide to not argue with him here, just sighing before I speak again.

"Nothing, it's whatever." I snap, turning around and rolling my eyes at his carelessness as I walk off.

I don't get very far because he grabs my hand a moment later, pulling me into an empty classroom.

"Shit, I'm so sorry babe. I totally forgot to buy the tickets. I swear I was going to it just slipped my mind." He says quickly, and I sigh once more.

"But I asked you like 7 times to buy them, Connor!" I shout, and he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I know, Quinny. I'm so sorry. I'll buy them right now." He answers, and I shake my head.

"No, Connor. You won't. We just won't go anymore." I mumble, and he groans in annoyance.

"Why do you make these things a huge deal? I'm sorry I forgot, but it was an honest mistake. Are you really gonna be mad over this?" He asks.

"Yes, Connor, I am! You put off everything I ask you to do for like three weeks before actually doing it, if you even do it at all! I'm tired of you treating me like a last resort." I yell, trying to blink back my tears that I know are coming.

"Don't say that, babe. You're not a last resort. You're my first resort. I don't mean to treat you like that, I promise. I don't know what's going on with us but I want to fix it." Connor emphasizes, and I think for a second before saying the words I never thought I'd say to him.

"I think we should take a break." I mutter, and his eyes widen before he starts shaking his head.

"No. No, Quinn. We can talk it out. A break is not the solution." He says sternly, and I give him a look.

"We've already tried talking it out, Connor! If ends in you driving away leaving me at fucking Skylar's house! Do you recall?!" I shout angrily, and he winces at the dig.

"I didn't think that through, Q. I'm sorry, but we already got past that. I was so mad that you accused me of cheating, which I'm still in shock about, by the way. I would never cheat on you!" He retorts, and I sigh.

"We're taking a break, Connor." I say firmly, and he shakes his head again.

"We're not. We're together or we're broken up. I'm not doing that on and off shit with you again." He answers, and I look at the ground before looking into his eyes for what may have been the last time.

"You're such a child! I didn't say I wanted to break up, Connor! I said I wanted a break. I just— I need space. We argue like 10 times a day and we never used to argue. I hate this."

"I don't want to break up either, but I'm not taking a break, Q. I don't like what a break could entail for us." He mutters, running a hand through his hair. "Please, Quinn. I'll just buy the tickets and we can forget this argument."

"You say that every time we argue. That doesn't fix the problems we're having. A sorry and a kiss don't fix the fact that you make me cry." I spit, and he pauses.

"I make you cry?" He asks, his eyes filled with guilt and regret.

"That's not the point of this, Connor. The point is that we can't keep doing this. I don't like arguing with you every two seconds." I sigh, and he looks at the ceiling.

"What, so you want a break? Like that's gonna fix everything?" He asks, and i scoff.

"You, Connor Noon, are unbelievable! You can't even get over the fact that Miya and Brady argued once yet we argue a all the time and you can't let us have a break?! Just let it go, Connor! We're not breaking up!" I shout, and he puffs out air in a fit of anger and slight annoyance.

"I've expressed multiple times we're not taking a break." He grits.

"Then I guess we're over, because I'm not sitting here and doing this with you anymore."

JENNA SPEAKS!

JENNA SPEAKS!

ugh they're breakup 😭💔

I love both of them sm but it was needed that they broke up because they weren't working out as a couple at that period in time. That's not saying they aren't good together, because they are, but they were just in a little rough patch (that they never fixed... I guess.)

I'm so so excited to write this book and thank u all so much for sticking around to read all 3 in this series! Expect chapter 1 tomorrow/later this week.

I know the formatting is weird on this I cannot fix it I've tried everything... so if you really care that much u can exit. Every other chapter SHOULD be in the correct formatting. (Not 1000% percent!)