sixteen. seriously.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter sixteen.
— QUINN'S POV 🪴

꒰ ☁️ ꒱ °˖ ⊹

"FINN, DID he speak to you?" I ask when he gets back, and Finn nods.

"Yeah. He was staying away so that he didn't accidentally get in the way of our relationship, which is ironic because the day he decided to stop being around us is the day we broke up." He laughs, and I sigh in relief.

"So he's not mad at me?" I ask hopefully.

"No, he just likes you." Finn mumbles, and my eyes widen. "I shouldn't have told you, but I don't think he's gonna make a move because he's scared. You gotta act first, Q."

Give him a hesitant look. "Are you sure? You're one thousand percent sure he has feelings again?"

"I'm positive. He said it, Quinn. Just... ask him to hang out alone or something. He told me he'd ask you, but I seriously doubt he will." Finn says convincingly. "I swear. If he doesn't say yes, I'll take the blame, okay? But seriously, just ask him."

"But what if—"

"No buts, go." Finn pushes me in Connor's direction.

Oh, I guess I'm doing this now...

"Uh... hi, C." I mumble, and his eyes widen slightly.

"Hey, Quinny." He replies. "What's up?"

I sit down next to him, trying to build up my usual confidence and just ask. It's not that simple, though. If I word it wrong he could assume I mean platonically.

I stall by looking over his outfit. He looks really good today. He always looks good. He knows how much I loved when he wore sweatpants when we were dating, and he's wearing them today. Gray sweatpants with a white Nike sweatshirt.

"You look really good today." I blurt, immediately blushing after I say it. He smirks slightly.

"Yeah? I know you love sweatpants." He replies, and Brady fake gags.

Amiya hits his arm and grabs him, pulling him to the table that I was sitting at previously with Finn.

"On you, I do. Not on me." I answer, and his smirk changes to a genuine smile.

"You always look good in anything you wear." He compliments, causing me to smile.

"Thank you." I mumble, and then I remember why I'm here. "Oh, uhm... do you wanna hang out? This weekend?"

He raises an eyebrow. "In a group?"

I shake my head. "Like... alone. I mean, if you want. If you don't—"

"I'd love to, Quinny." He answers, causing my face to light up.

"Really?" I ask excitedly, and he nods. "Okay! My house? Or yours? I don't care."

"Mine, if that's alright. Bailey misses you." He adds, and I smile.

"Sounds good. For the record, I missed her too." I whisper, and he places his hand on top of mine.

"She didn't like Alya, Yknow? She didn't like Kendall either. Only you." Connor says softly, and I smile down at my hands.

"Yeah?" I ask, and he nods.

"Mhm. She wouldn't let me sit next to them." He laughs softly. "Meanwhile she practically forced me to sit next to you."

"So you didn't wanna sit next to me?" I raise an eyebrow, and he panics.