nineteen. upper hand.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter nineteen.
— CONNOR'S POV 🍃

꒰ 🎧 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

WHEN I wake up and feel Quinn's hand still running softly through my hair, I try not to move, since I don't want it to end. I don't know how long I slept for, but I'm sure if she knows I'm awake she'll want to go home.

When Quinn starts whispering to me, I know she knows I'm awake, but I still try to play it off. She gives me about five minutes before she stops completely, making me frown into her shoulder.

"Connie, are you gonna sit up, my love?" She asks softly, and I just barely shake my head. "Brady's gonna be back soon, and I know you don't like when he sees you being soft."

I groan before sitting up, not wanting to, but I know Brady will never let that shit go if he sees it, so it's probably for the better.

Quinn interlocks our fingers, leaning her head against my shoulder as we put on some random show just so it looks like we were doing something other than napping for the entire 4 hours we were here.

I knew I missed her, but I think I miss her more now that she's here. If I asked her to be my girlfriend again, would she even say yes?

Brady and Amiya walk in the front door, and they both smile when they see us.

"Hi! How was your date?" Brady asks, and my eyes slightly widen, but I let Quinn answer the question.

"Good, guess who fell asleep cuddling me?" Quinn answers, and I regret allowing her to answer.

"Quinn!" I groan, hiding my face in her neck as Brady laughs.

"Please tell me you got a picture of that shit." Brady says quickly, and Quinn nods.

"I did. Yknow, blackmail material." She says slyly, and I groan again.

"Yknow what real blackmail material is, Quinny?" I ask, pulling back from her so I can whisper in her ear. "That I know exactly how to drive you mad just by my words."

Her face heats up as I place my hand back in hers, rubbing soft circles over her skin.

She used to be insecure about her body, so I complimented her every chance I got. I tried my hardest to make sure her insecurities were gone by the time we'd started dating, and for the most part it worked, but she still hated her thighs.

And we never do anything past making out, and I don't care to. Quinn and I don't need nor even want that from each other right now, but it's still fun that I've learned she can't focus well when she receives genuine compliments that she's not used to hearing.

"You know what my favorite feature of yours is?" I ask, and she shakes her head. I kiss her cheek. "Your eyes. Especially when you're excited. They get a tiny bit lighter, it's adorable."

She just blushes a little bit, not having an answer to my compliment.

"Yknow what else I like, Quinny? Your style. You always know how to style yourself. You know exactly what fits your figure, and you always look amazing no matter what you're wearing."