ten. alya.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter ten.
— CONNOR'S POV 🍃

꒰ 🎧 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

I HAVE my last class right now, and then I get to go hang out with Alya.

I hadn't originally had any intention of getting to know her, but I felt bad when she texted me and sounded pretty nice, so I'm giving her a chance. I'm not sure what Quinn's issue is, but... whatever, I guess.

She randomly got all bitchy when I brought up Alya, which makes no sense to me. Finn can say he loves her, she doesn't say it back, yet when I bring up Alya she gets mad? Crazy...

When I had heard Finn said he loved Quinn, I started to question my own feelings. If he loved her this quickly, why didn't I? Was I a bad boyfriend for it?

I didn't let my thoughts linger for long because before i knew it, I was at Quinn's side asking about Finn for a dumb reason... just because I wanted to see her.

The bell rings, signaling the end of class, and I head to my locker to wait for Alya. She's just coming back to my house with me for a little while so we can get to know each other.

Brady seems to think I'm just using her, which hurts my feelings. I didn't use anyone. Well... Kendall. I used her to get over Quinn, but she used me for money so it cancels out... kinda.

I obviously felt bad doing so, but she didn't like me, and she made that clear. So I felt less bad...

Alya walks up to me, a smile on her face. "Hi!"

I smile at her. "Hi, Alya. You ready?"

She nods. "Mhm!"

We walk out to my car, passing by Quinn, Brady, and Amiya on the way out. Quinn sends me a sarcastic smile and I furrow my eyebrows, but I don't say anything.

What's her issue, seriously? Is she jealous or some shit?

The idea of her being jealous makes my heart speed up, and I internally scold myself for thinking like that. She's with Finn, and I'm hanging out with another girl. I can't think that. It's wrong.

...but what if she is?

I gotta stop this shit, bro...

"Connor? You good?" Alya asks me, and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Yep, all good." I reply, opening the passengers side door for her and shutting in once she's in the car.

We sit in silence as I drive to my house, and she looks out the window. When we arrive, I get our before her so I can open her door again, and she giggles as I do so.

"Thank you." She says softly, and I smile.

"No problem."

We head inside, and Bailey immediately sprints over to us. When she sees that the girl I have isn't Kendall, she wags her tail.

Kendall was a bitch to Bails, and it pissed me off. She would push her away and call her dumb. Bailey didn't like Kendall either, though. Which was completely valid... I barely even liked her.