seventeen. nervous.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter seventeen.
— QUINN/CONNOR'S POV 🧸

꒰ 🌱 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"WHAT IF it's super awkward and then he realizes he doesn't actually like me still? Then what?" I say nervously as I pace from side to side in my room.

Currently, Amiya was laying on my bed, trying to calm my nerves so I don't chicken out of this hang out with Connor.

"Is it even a date? I asked him and I don't even know!" I shout, and Miya opens her mouth to speak, but I speak again before she can. "What if he thinks it's a platonic thing?"

"Quinn, chill. He obviously feels the same way, and I'm sure he thinks it's a date of some sort." Amiya says softly. "I know you're nervous, but it's Connor. You have no need to be nervous."

I groan at her words. "I know, I know. I just... this time is different. We already know everything about each other and yet somehow I still can't act confident around him. I was so confident when he was chasing me, but now I just... want him to want me back. Before I didn't realize I liked him until he kissed me, but this time im hyper aware, and it's the only—"

"Quinn!" She shouts, interrupting me. "Stop rambling. You know how Connor is. You know what he likes, and I know he'd do anything to get you back. He's probably acting the same way. You know how whipped he was for you."

"Well... yeah, but that was before. What if he doesn't still feel like that?" I turn to face Amiya as I stop pacing for a moment. "Is this outfit even good? No, it looks dumb. He's gonna think I look awful, I gotta change."

"You look good, Q. Stop overthinking it. Be confident like you always are. He liked your confidence, didn't he?" She asks, and I nod.

He used to call me fiery for my amount of confidence. On multiple occasions he said it was hot when I told some random bitch off, which of course wavered my confidence because I don't know how to accept compliments from him.

"No, I hate this outfit. I look like I'm attention seeking." I mumble, walking over to my closet and rummaging through it to find a better shirt.

I grab a random red crop top, swiftly changing my shirt. Amiya face palms.

"You looked fine before, but this shirts cute too." She tells me, and I nod, running my hands through my hair a few times.

"I think this is good. He'll like me anyway, right? My outfit can't make him lose feelings?"

God, I sound so dumb.

"No, you'll be fine. You could be wearing a trash bag and Connor would still worship you." Amiya deadpans. "Just go! Don't keep him waiting!"

She pushes me out of my room, and I groan as she pulls me to the my car with her. Well I guess only time will tell if I'm prepared for this or not...

MEANWHILE, WITH CONNOR...

"Bro, I can't do this. What if she thinks this is a platonic thing? She's the one who asked me, I have no idea what the intentions are!" I say quickly, and Brady rolls his eyes.

"If it was a platonic thing, she would've said hang out as a group. She wouldn't hang out with you alone if she only saw you platonically." Brady deadpans. "Plus, she's coming over here, you don't get the waiting time like she does. When she's here, she's here. So you better get rid of these weird nerves."

"But—"

"Bro, it's Quinn. She's obviously still into you." He groans. "You are so childish! Get over this and go be how you used to be. How is it possible that you two still find a way to be awkward? Like seriously."

"I don't know, I just am! She's so—" I sigh. "She's just so perfect. It makes me nervous. How is she that pretty? Like who let her have this control over me?"

"You did." Brady mutters, and then he laughs. "You're too whipped for this shit, plus I'm pretty sure her car is outside."

"What? Really?!" I shout, and he snorts in laughter.

"No, but your reaction was funny." He jokes, and I roll my eyes.

"Fuck you." I mumble, running a hand through my hair nervously. "I look like shit."

"No you don't, stop exaggerating." Brady answers. "You always look like this, and she liked you anyways."

"Whatever, it's fine." I try to hype myself up. "It's just Quinn, she likes me... right? We think she likes me?"

I turn to face Brady, who face palms at my words. "Yes, we believe she likes you. Can you stop panicking now? It's just Quinn. You weren't like this the first time around."

"Yeah, because the first time around I chased her for two weeks before she entertained the idea of me." I mumble. "I'll gladly chase again, but I'm pretty sure this time it'd just drive her away."

The doorbell rings and Brady laughs at me, walking out of my room and heading down the stairs.

Bailey excitedly wags her tail at me, as if she can sense who's here. I smile at her, petting her once before I recall why I was gonna sprint down the stairs.

"No! Brady, I'm not fucking ready!" I shout, and he shrugs as his hand grabs the doorknob.

"I don't care, my girlfriend's out there too, so I'm opening this door wether you like it or not." He says sarcastically, and I shove him off the door, not wanting Quinn to think I was so lame that my brother had to open it for me.

Bailey follows me down the stairs, standing at my side.

I open the door, and Quinn's facing Amiya, who's standing behind her. She spins around at the sound of the open door, and our eyes connect.

"Hi," I say softly, and her eyes flick over my outfit.

"Hey," she answers, tone just as soft, if not softer than mine.

JENNA SPEAKS!

JENNA SPEAKS!

YAYYYY ‼️‼️ their actual HANGOUT is next chapter, but I thought this was a cute filler chapter since they're both so nervous for it!

I'm excited to write the next chapter 🤭. I think you'll all very much like it! Thank you so so much for reading, I love you all so much!