nine. unresolved.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter nine.
— QUINN'S POV 🪴

                                ꒰ ☁️ ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"...AND YOU'RE mad at him for that?" Amiya says skeptically as I explain what happened with Connor yesterday involving his fight, because even though she saw it, she walked away with Brady after I walked up to him.

"Yes! He could've gotten himself hurt, Miya. If he doesn't love me anymore he should've not let the boy get to him." I mutter.

She sends me a look. "It sounds like you've got some unresolved feelings for a certain noon..."

"What? No. I don't— I don't see Connor like that anymore, I'm just mad he didn't think before getting into a fight." I stutter, and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Did you know he gave his number to a girl? Her name is Alya." She tells me, and I feel some emotion I can't decipher go through me.

Is she nice? What does she look like? Is she blonde like me or does she not look like me at all? How old is she? Have they met before? Why do I even care...?

"He did?" I ask, and she nods. "Well... good for him. Kendall was an awful girlfriend."

"That's all you have to say?" She says skeptically, and I give her a look.

"I told you I'm over him, Miya." I say seriously, and she sighs.

"I know you did, but it just seems like you've got something holding you back. You act differently with Finn then you did with Connor." She mutters.

"Yeah, in a good way." I answer before slamming my locker shut. "Connor and I were toxic."

I begin to walk, and Amiya follows with. She takes a second before speaking because she sees a friend and waves to her quickly.

"No, you just had a few fights. Plus you'd never fought before he missed your calls. I think you were just upset, Q. I don't think you should've left him, though." She explains softly.

"Well... maybe, but it's over now. And I still care about him, but we're not together anymore. I'm with Finn, and I respect him." I reply sternly.

"...but you don't love him." Amiya whispers, and I almost don't hear it.

"What?" I ask, still processing her words.

"You don't love Finn." She states, louder this time.

"Well I don't love Connor, either." I snap, and she sighs.

"You used to."

"No, I didn't. You don't know my feelings." I say angrily.

I don't mean to get mad and snap at her, but talking about Connor makes me upset and i don't know why. Did I love Connor? I thought I did, but when I met Finn I realized it was probably just infatuation since I started liking Finn not long after the breakup.

"Okay, sorry." She mumbles. "I just... you seemed more excited before, now you just seem... I don't know, content? Like it's just okay when you're with him."

I furrow my eyebrows. She's not wrong, I guess... I've never really gotten giddy from Finn, and I used to around Connor a lot.

It's probably just because I'm more interested in Finn's personality and I was more after Connor's looks...

oh who am I kidding, Connor had a great personality. He always made me laugh and could help me with anything. God, he was perfect.

No! I have to stop, I can't think like that, Finn's my boyfriend.