five. good terms.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter five.
— CONNOR'S POV 🍃

꒰ 🎧 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"SO..." FINN says awkwardly.

I just ignore him, not really being in the mood to speak to anyone. My lip continues to bleed, and I just stand like a fool trying to get it to stop. Kendall walks over and gives Finn a look.

"That'll teach you to treat me like shit." Kendall spits, "you ready to apologize?"

"What? No! You just cheated on me." I spit, and she gives me a look.

Finn just stands awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck as he sends a nervous look to Kendall, not sure of what she's gonna do next.

He grabs Quinn's hand, and I see him slowly rubbing his thumb over her hand in a comforting manner. He makes me look dumb for how I acted with Quinn. Was I not a good boyfriend?

"Oh don't be dramatic, I was proving a point." She snaps. "Now apologize and we can move on with our lives. I also expect at least $15 for my troubles."

Quinn laughs at Kendall's words as she walks back up, Brady and Amiya not far behind.

"You're funny. Connor's emptied his pockets plenty for you, I'm sure you don't need any more money from him." She says harshly, "so you can go ahead and go now."

"No! Connor's my boyfriend, incase you forgot. You broke his pathetic heart so I took it." She reminds.

I did not need the memory of Quinn leaving me in my head, but it's there now... great.

"I'm not your boyfriend anymore! You just slapped me and then cheated." Connor says angrily. "If that wasn't a clear enough sign that we're done, I'm telling you now. We're done."

Kendall glares at Quinn. "This is your fault. You— you came back just to hurt him again."

"Respectfully, I wouldn't be talking to him if I didn't have to. We're paired for a project and that's it." Quinn retorts.

Ouch.

I try not to show a reaction to her words, but Brady mouths a sorry to me as Quinn speaks.

"Oh, I just know that hurt pretty boy's ego." Kendall laughs, and I roll my eyes.

"Can you go now?" I shout, "your voice makes me want to fucking off myself."

Quinn's eyes widen, Finn holds in a laugh and Brady just starts laughing, not caring about what Kendall says to him.

Kendall rolls her eyes and storms off, causing the entire group of us to start laughing. Not me, but almost everyone else. I notice Quinn isn't laughing either.

Quinn's words replay in my head; I wouldn't be talking to him if I didn't have to. We're paired for a project and that's it.

"Con—" she starts, but I grab my stuff and walk off. "Connor, wait!"

I don't wait. I keep walking, not wanting to talk to someone who obviously doesn't give a shit about me anymore.

I know we aren't friends, but am I really that awful to be around that she can't even— whatever.

"Connor! Stop and let me fucking say something!" Quinn shouts, and I scoff at her words as I keep walking. "Connor, please."

I stop, hating that she still has control over me. I turn to look at her, and she can tell I'm pissed.

"Did I do something?" She asks, and I give her a look.

"Yeah, Quinn. Multiple things. Am I really that hard to be around? You hate me that much?" I spit, and she frowns.

"You know that's not what I meant, Connor." She says softly. "Of course I don't hate you. I just... I don't know how to feel about you right now."

"Yeah, obviously." I mutter. "One second you're telling me I'm a liar and the next you're helping me. I don't understand you."

"I'm sorry. Im working on it, I promise." She says seriously. "Can we agree to just... be on good terms? Not friends or anything, but just good terms?"

Really? She's asking to be on good terms?

"Are you being for real? You just called me a liar twenty minutes ago, Quinn!" I shout, and she seems to get more upset.

"I believe you, I'm sorry. I was caught up in my feelings. Good terms?" She pleads, and I know I can't say no to her.

Goddamnit, Quinn.

"Yeah," I mutter. "We can be on good terms."

She smiles. "Okay. Thank you, Connor. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah... later." I reply as she walks back to Finn, kissing him before they begin a conversation with each other.

I look away before I decide to do something stupid, heading to my next class to avoid everyone. Unfortunately brady stops me on the way to class.

"Dude, you're acting like you still like Quinn." Brady whispers.

"Oh knock if off, I'm not into her still." I scoff, and he gives me a look that shows he doesn't believe me. "What, I'm not!"

"Yeah, okay... if you say so." He mutters.

"I do say so!" I argue, and he laughs. He pats my shoulder. "Ima go find Miya. Cya later, Connor."

"Yeah yeah, later." I mutter, and he walks off.

"Connor!"

Good lord, who else needs my attention this morning? Cannot catch a damn break with these people.

I turn around to see Lucas, with Skylar not far behind. She smiles politely at me, and I nod my head in response. I didn't mind her, she was pretty chill for the most part, even if she cussed me out the one time I accidentally gave Quinn a bruise...

It wasn't purposeful, Quinn was just running from me and... accidentally slammed her head into a door. I technically didn't have any part in it, and I felt really bad after, so... oops, I guess.

It's not like she held it against me or anything, we laughed about it. I just let Skylar do what she wanted thought because she was Quinn's friend, and I would've never dreamed of making Quinn mad or disappointed at me.

I still act like that, damnit. She's got me wrapped around her finger and doesn't even know it.

JENNA SPEAKS!

JENNA SPEAKS!

connor 💔

Finn is life don't hate him ‼️ he's actually my fave ever I have so much in store for him!

Tysm for reading I love you all so so much! Next update should be out soon!