three. partners.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter three.
— CONNOR'S POV 🍃

꒰ 🎧 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"YOU DO know we actually have to work on the project to get it done, right?" Quinn snaps, and I give her a look.

"Yes, I'm aware, which is why I'm working on it." I say calmly. "You can do the design parts and then help me with the research. I know you like making things look cute so just... do that first so we can work more efficiently."

She huff outs some air in annoyance with me, but nods. She takes my school laptop and types in my passcode, since I guess she stills knows it from when we were dating.

"Woah woah woah, why my computer?" I ask quickly, but I get no answer.

She goes to Google slides and begins to decorate the desired amount of slides that we need in whatever theme she wants, because I honestly don't care what it looks like.

I may not be her biggest fan anymore, but I have to admit she's amazing at designing things. While Quinn works on the slides, I work on researching our assigned topic, since I'm a little better at history than Quinn is.

I have one AirPod in as I listen to music while I write down key points and things we'll need in our slideshow, but I have my right ear available in case Quinn, or anyone else for that matter, want to say something to me.

I get a good amount of our research done, and I realize I'm caught up with where we're supposed to be even though we fell behind yesterday.

Quinn taps my shoulder, and I turn to look at her. "This okay?"

She scrolls through the slides, showing me she went with a blue-ish color scheme. I nod.

"Looks good, Quinny." I reply, not even realizing the nickname.

Her eyes widen. "Uhm— please don't call me that."

I furrow my eyebrows re-thinking through my sentence. When I realize I called her Quinny, my eyes widen too.

"Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to." I apologize quickly.

I run a hand through my hair before getting back to the researching, but now I'm distracted. Unfortunately the universe seems to be out to get me, because Finn walks in a moment later, disrupting my focus even more.

"Hi uh..." he seems a little timid when he speaks. "I just gotta give something to my girlfriend."

The teacher nods, and Finn comes over and hands Quinn her phone. Her eyebrows raise in surprise.

"I didn't know I left this! Thank you, Finny." She smiles and kisses his cheek.

I keep my eyes on the paper in front of me the entire time because I don't want to see jealous or resentful of their relationship.

"Of course, Q. How's your project going?" He smiles.

Finn has one of those... to die for smiles, as Amiya explained. She said a lot of girls had crushes on Finn because he's just naturally charming and he's conventionally attractive.