one. significant others.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter one.
— QUINN'S POV 🪴

꒰ ☁️ ꒱ °˖ ⊹

ITS BEEN nearly 4 months since... the break up, and I'd say I'm doing well. I finally got over Connor when I met Finn, my absolutely adorable boyfriend.

"Quinn, you seem distracted. You okay?" Finn asks me, and I nod.

"Yeah, sorry Finny. I got lost in thought. What were you saying?" I smile, and he smiles back.

"I was asking if you wanted the pictures that we took yesterday, I have them in my phone." He answers, and I nod.

"That'd be nice, thank you." I kiss his cheek, and he smiles as I do so.

"Of course." He replies, "oh, also I got you a necklace."

My eyebrows raise in surprise as he takes out the necklace, showing me the small bee hanging on it as a charm. It was adorable, and I really did like it.

"Finny!" I squeal, "it's so cute! Thank you so much."

"I love you, Q." He whispers as he puts it on me, and I freeze. He loves me? "I don't expect you to say it back, I just wanted you to know."

"Okay, uh... thank you, Finny." I mumble, feeling awkward that I can't reciprocate the words, but I decide to kiss him as a thank you since that's all I could think of.

I go up on my toes and peck his lips, then go back to my flat feet and hug him. I feel so bad that I can't say it back.

Truth be told I didn't love Finn yet, but I did really really like him. We met at prom because his date had ditched him, and well... I didn't have one. Since Connor and I had planned to go together and broke up a week before, we didn't go together because I physically could not be in the same room as him.

I'm over him now, and it's his fault for neglecting our relationship. But was he really or was I just in a bad mood?

"You want me to walk you to class, Q?" Finn asks, and I nod.

"I would love that, Finny." I grab his hand and he walks me to class, kissing me goodbye at the door of my class.

"Bye, Finny! I'll see you later." I smile as I walk in.

"Bye, Quinny." He shouts, and I freeze.

"Please don't call me Quinny." I mumble, and he frowns.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't know you didn't like it." He apologizes hastily.

"It's fine, Finn. Don't worry." I assure, and he seems unsure. "I promise, Finny. It's just one mistake, you're fine."

"Alright. Thanks, Q. I'll see you later." He mutters, and I smile at him.

"Bye bye, Finny." I kiss him one last time before walking back into my class and sitting down.

Quinny. That's what Connor called me...

Connor unfortunately shares this class with me, so I look down once he walks in so that we don't make eye contact. Thankfully we never do any group work so I'm never forced to talk to him.