eight. reconsidering.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑
chapter eight.
— CONNOR'S POV 🍃

꒰ 🎧 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

AFTER I headed off from lunch, I rethought my relationship with Quinn. This was a bad idea. What if I fall for her again?

That'd be too painful. I can't watch her date Finn if I still like her.

...which I don't right now, but if I do eventually.

She'd never choose me over him, let alone choose at all. She'd never do that to him... or both us, I can't tell if she actually likes me or not.

"Hey, Connor wait!" I hear from behind me.

I turn to see a girl I've never spoke to before, but I stop anyways since I've already seen her and don't wanna be rude.

"Yeah?" I ask, one eyebrow raised in curiosity of what she wants.

"I thought you were cute and was wondering if I could get your number?" She asks, and I hesitate.

I just broke up with Kendall like yesterday... would Quinn care?

Why would she care? She's not my girlfriend, it's not her place to care.

"Yeah, sure." I nod, handing her my phone as she hands me hers. I put my number in and she does the same, then we hand our phones back to each other and part ways.

I check the contact name and I find what her name is. Alya.

When I get to class, I sit down next to Brady since we have this class together... unfortunately.

He was much better at English than I was, so he always acted like I needed his help on it. Sometimes I did, but I wasn't stupid, I could do the work sometimes.

...granted, this is accelerated English and I was too preoccupied with pursuing Quinn to get my schedule changed, so I had a C, but it wasn't a huge deal, I was working on getting it up.

"Hey." I nod my head to him as I sit down.

"Hey. Who was that girl?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Some random chick that just wanted my number, that's all." I explain. "I gave it to her."

His eyebrows raise in surprise. "You did? I thought you were into Quinn again..."

"Oh my God, I'm not, Brady. I would've told you if I did." I sigh, "I don't see her like that anymore and you know it. She's with Finn now."

"You never saw her as a friend, Connor. The second you saw her you thought she was the best thing to ever appear on planet earth." Brady deadpans. "But fine, think what you want. Oh, and just because she's with Finn doesn't mean you can't have feelings, that's not how that works."

"Yeah yeah, you're a hardcore shipper of me and Quinn, I know." I give him a look. "But you gotta accept that it's not happening again, I don't even know if I could trust myself enough to love— I mean, like her again because of how awful I felt last time."