Zane

After School

Chapa's Pov

C: Hey Bose?

B: Yeah?

C: I don't really wanna go back to my Dad's.

B: Why not?

C: I'm scared...

B: Why? ~ He puts his arm around her shoulder and gives her a little side hug ~

C: What if he's mad that I left last night without asking him.

B: Do you even remember why you left?

C: No, not really.

Okay, that time I was lying. I remember what happened, but it's not like I'm gonna tell him. My dad was drunk, I could tell. Besides, I think he was still in shock that his wife got arrested right in front of him.

C: Is Vice Mayor Willard always like that?

B: Like what.

C: Like how he was this morning.

B: No, only when he's drunk.

C: He was drunk?

B: Yeah, when he does stuff like that, that's how you tell.

We kept walking until we reached the point where we would normally split paths, but I was pretty scared to go home by myself.

C: Bose, will you walk with me, please?

B: Yeah, of course.

C: Thanks.

He out his arm around my shoulder, and I laid my head on his shoulder. I told him I'd walk with him to his house in case his stepdad was still drunk. I could tell he wasn't sure if he wanted to bring me over there just because he didn't want his step dad to hurt me again but I didn't care, as long as Bose was safe.

We got to my house around 10 minutes later. I was scared to open the door. After standing there for a second just having my hand on the doorknob, Bose kinda gave me a worried and confused look, so I just opened the door. When I got in, it reeked of alcohol and my dad was on the couch watching football.

Cd: Hey, kiddo.

C: Hey, do you care if I go to a sleepover tonight?

Cd: You can go.

C: Thanks.

Cd: Who's your friend.

C: This is Bose

B: Hi sir.

Cd: Hi, it's nice to meet you. Chapa doesn't normally bring her friends over because she's too embarrassed of me.

Bose just smiled and went up to my room. When we got in there, I realized there was a little bit of blood on the corner of my bed and the windowsill. Bose didn't say anything about it, but I know he noticed it. I packed pretty quickly, and we left to go to his house. While we were walking, he grabbed my hand and smiled at me, I smiled back, and we kept walking.

Once we got to his house, he slowly opened the door. I could tell he was nervous, so I squeezed his hand tighter. When we went inside, we saw Willard asleep on the couch with a beer in his hand. We went upstairs, and I saw a room I hadn't noticed earlier. It was labeled Zane. All the doors have label's on them, which is weird, but I guess it makes sense because their house is so big.

Bose's Pov

When we were walking to my room, I saw Chapa looking over at Zane's room. Zane is my stepbrother. He's 2 years older than me. He doesn't really like me and makes fun of me for not being very smart. I don't really like him either. He's not very smart himself. I was really hoping he wasn't home.

We went into my room, and I packed my bag. I didn't want to leave yet, though. We decided to watch genuine moments for a little bit sense we had some time until we needed to leave. About 15 minutes into the episode, Zane burst into my room

Z: I heard you had a girl over last night. Oh, look, you do now, too.

B: Go away, Zane.

Z: Yeah, how about, no.

B: Dude, I'm about to leave anyway.

Z: Oh yeah, and where do you think you're going?

B: A friend's.

Z: I'll go with you.

B: No.

Z: You're gonna need some company.

B: How about no.

Z: How about yes.

C: How about you shut up and fuck off.

Z: I'm sorry?

C: Don't talk to him like that.

B: Chapa, it's fine.

C: No, it's not.

Z: How about you don't tell me what to do.

C: Bose, I'm gonna punch him.

B: No, don't.

C: I'm going to.

B: No.

Z: Do it. I can take a punch from a girl.

C: He did not just say that to me.

B: Dude, you can't take it. She once almost knocked out an adult, she punched her so hard.

Z: I'm sure I could take it.

C: You wanna bet.

Z: Sure.

C: Okay, you asked for it.

I grabbed her arm to hold her back. As much as I hated Zane, I didn't want her to hurt him... too badly.

B: Chapa, don't.

Z: What? Do you think she's too weak?

C: Did you just call me weak?!

Z: Yeah, what about it?

C: You're gonna regret that.

Z: I don't think so.

C: I do.

B: Guys, come on, Chapa, why don't we just let him come with us.

C: I don't know how happy the twins would be.

B: They'll get over it.

C: Fine, but I just want to make something clear, I'm not weak.

Z: I think you are.

C: The only reason you're calling me weak is because you're weak and just don't want to admit it.

Z: You bitch.

C: I'm not wrong.

Z: Yes, you are! ~ Zane punches in the nose ~

C: WHAT THE FUCK!?! ~Chapa Punches Zane in the eye ~

Z: Ow!

B: Guys! Calm down. Zane, if you promise not to tell your dad about this, then you can come with us.

Z: Fine.

B: Chapa, come on.

C: What? Where?

B: Your nose is bleeding.

C: Great.

B: Come on. Zane, go pack.

Z: Okay.