Chapter 28.5 : An Identity Crisis (Short Chapter)

" ":Talking
' ':Thoughts
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Y/n's Pov:

Me and Yubelluna were now on our way back home, seemingly content with just leaving Gasper at the hands of both Rias and Issei. Although, that's only because I don't know what comes next since this is the middle part of season 2 of DXD. I have no idea what happens now.

I was looking down in deep thought. Now that I was in unknown territory, I have to be more vigilant and more cunning. Although, My sheer magic power should is the strongest among us three heirs, I've only used my pyrokinesis and haven't trained on my aerokinesis.

Yubelluna:"...Is something bothering you, Riser-sama?" She asked.

Y/n:"Huh? O-oh...just thinking of plans. Now that we'll be more busy." I answered vaguely.

Yubelluna:"Worried about the 3-way peace summit?" She asked, making me nod.

Y/n:"Yeah. With 3 representatives present in one area. I doubt they'll be no interference by a 3rd party."

Yubelluna:"You've done the best you can to prepare for any problems. That's quite enough, right Riser-sama?" She asked as I let out a small smile.

Y/n:"Yeah...I guess it is." I lied.

As Yubelluna walks by my side, I stopped smiling as she finally looks back infront of her and away from me.

Y/n:'...But I think my best isn't enough yet.'

RISER PHENEX MANOR - TIMESKIP

Y/n's pov:

Me and Yubelluna had arrived back home much earlier than expected. She immediately went into her room to rest while I sat down on the couch in the living room as my head began to hurt again.

Y/n:"...It's much less than before...I really have to thank Artoria later."

Ravel:"Onii-chan, are you okay?" She asked, entering the living room.

Y/n:"It's nothing. Just a regular headache. It'll be gone after a while." I lied.

Ravel:"...If you say so." She sat down beside me.

After she sat down, an awkward atmosphere filled the room as we both were silent, unable to think of a topic. Well, maybe her because I was more or less trying to endure the headache, which was getting worse overtime.

Ravel:"..."

Y/n:"...Ravel"

Ravel:"Yes?"

Y/n:"...Would you...be angry if I was...someone else?" I asked her directly.

I know for a fact that the chances our the man that appeared in my thought when I spoke with Artoria was the original Riser. He's trying to retake this stronger body of his...I'm scared of losing my 2nd family.

Ravel:'Hmm? Why ask?" She was visible confused.

Y/n:"Nothing. Just a scenario. If I wasn't...you're real Onii-chan...would you be mad?" I asked.

Ravel:"Of course! To think my Onii-chan would be replaced by an imposter! I'd be furious! I'd kill the imposter on the spot! They sully you're name!" She answered.

Y/n:"...I see...Hey Ravel..."

Ravel:"What is it again, Onii-chan?" She asked.

Y/n:"...It's nothing. Just another random question. Be careful of strangers, okay?" I said as I leave the room.

Ravel:"Umm...Onii-chan are you sure yo-" I didn't listen as I left the room before she could leave.

RAVEL'S POV:

I see Onii-chan leave after asking a rather weird question. Of course I would be mad if someone who I thought was my Riser onii-chan was someone else, but...

Ravel:'...Why ask it in the first place, Onii-chan? Just what is wrong?' I spoke, deep in thought.

I wanted to help Onii-chan, but I'm afraid I'd be pushing it for him. His visibly in a rather sensitive state and I fear questioning him further will make it worse.

Siris:"...You've noticed it too, Ravel-sama." Siris entered.

Ravel:"..." I stayed quiet.

Siris:"...The best we can do is wait until Riser-sama is ready to talk...We must respect his privacy." She said.

Ravel:"..."

Y/N'S ROOM

Y/n's pov:

I sat on my bed as I began to wonder, what if they find out I'm not Riser? What will they do? Accept me? Shun me? Maybe kill me? I began to wonder and be increasingly worried.

I'm a faker, someone who stole Riser's body, this body. I took on his appearance and his name and...became Riser. Every relationship I've made is because I'm Riser...Riser...I am Riser.

Y/n:"...Just who am I anymore?" I asked myself.

I asked myself. Y/n. My original self that was someone who was regular. I wasn't liked nor hated, only ignored. But...there's Riser. The man I took the mantle of when I came here. I was accepted into a loving family, making my own relationships and became a powerhouse.

But I stole it from someone, someone who probably deserved it, but I still stole his life and his family. Now, his coming back, and if he come backs...what about me? Am I gonna die? Am I getting replaced? Will I be thrown away?

Y/n:"...I don't want to go yet...I have alot of things to do here...I don't want to die again..." I said myself as tears began to form.

The thought of it, the more I began to get closer to a break down...not the fear of death...but a fear of abandonment. I've felt it all before in my previous life, being abandoned and using anime as a comfort...I don't want to be replaced.

OUTSIDE OF Y/N'S ROOM

Siris's pov:

...I'm a hypocrite. I was just outside of Riser-sama's room when I heard him crying. I listened in secret only to hear that he didn't want to go yet. Was Riser-sama dying? Is he leaving us? Those thoughts ran on my head.

Siris:"...Sorry, Ravel-sama. It seems that I can't follow my own words." I said as I leave.

I intended to keep this a secret from everyone to make Riser-sama be in less problems. But...I'll do everything I can to help him...make him feel welcomed even more..Make him stay.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TO BE CONTINUED

Short chapter for now. Pretty busy with school, lol!

 Pretty busy with school, lol!