Episode 4

When I come to work with Jennie, we aren't greeted by the receptionist which is weird.

"Where is Ms.Lionheart?" I ask to Jennie. She just shrugs and we walk down the hallway.

Jennie scans her keycard on the reader and waits a second for it to turn green before opening the door.

"Alright!" Jennie says and she goes to the side and pulls out a few panels of wood.

"What are you doing?"

"We are going to test your strength!" She says and places them on the lab table. I still see the dent from when I left it 2 days ago.

"Okay!" She says and picks up one of them. "Punch it."

I shake my head. "I might punch you in the face."

"I'll be fine Jisoo. Just punch it." She lowers the wood so that it's in front of her stomach instead. I lift my hand and curl it into a fist. I press my knuckles to the wooden board and wind my hand back before punching it straight through, shattering the board and making Jennie scream and drops the broken pieces to the floor.

"Shit! Fuck!" She curses as she shakes her hands. "I should've worn gloves."

I go to the side and bring her hand sanitizer but there are small splinters in her hands.

"Yeah you should have," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Thanks Jisoo."

She sits down and I lift her hand to my face. "What are you doing?"

I meet her eyes. "I'll pull them out."

She tugs her hand out of mine. "No. It's fine."

I pull it back and immediately spot and pull out the first one. Jennie winces and I say, "You should have been more careful."

"I think it's too late for that Jisoo."

I shake my head and pull out another one. She winced again and I blow on it, my lips nearly touching her skin.

She moves her hand away and puts her other hand in mine. "Take out the splinters in this one."

I smile and carefully pull out the tiny wooden pieces.

I hear loud knocking and Jennie shouts, "One moment!"

The door opens and Taeyang's eyes open wide at the completely broken pieces of wood on the floor and takes in our position of hand holding and my thumb and pointer finger holding up a splinter.

Taeyang closes his eyes. "Do I want to know?"

Jennie looks at me and shakes her head and whispers, "Don't tell! No one can know okay?"

I nod and drop the splinter on the floor as Jennie says, "I was just...experimenting with something."

Taeyang opens his eyes and rubs his forehead. "Is this sort of like your creative process?"

I watch Jennie just nod. He shakes his head. "Fine. You both need to come for a health screening."

I look at him and hear Jennie ask, "Why?"

"Because the receptionist got sick and we all have to conduct a health screening."

"But we've only been here for 3 days," I say.

He nods and places his hands on his hips. "I know but it's just safety measures. The microbiology lab on the upper floor is helping conduct it for the whole building. It's only the second floor so come whenever you can."

He nods and leaves the room.

Jennie turns to me with big anxiety on her face. "This is bad."

I frown. "Why?"