Episode 4

|Jennie|

When I wake up, I'm asleep on top of Jisoo with my face buried in her neck and one of my arms and legs thrown across her body. Her other arm is lying against the bed.

I jump away from her and sit up in the bed. I stare at her sleeping form and move a hand into my hair.

I've been in denial but it's no use anymore.

I like Jisoo Cheon. The robot I created.

I didn't fall for Jisoo Kim again. I fell for a completely different person who makes me reflect on myself and make me a better human.

I used to be such a bitter bitch with no patience and no sense of hope.

Jisoo Cheon turned me into a person filled with happiness and care.

Yes, I miss Jisoo Kim. I miss her every time I think of what could've happened if not for the accident.

*12 years ago*

I sharpen my pencil to figure out the designs.

Jisoo helped me draw a baseline but I needed to add measurements and other things. I pushed this off for way too long.

My phone rings and I smile immediately when i see the name. "Hey cutie!"

Jisoo laughs on the other end. //"When will you start from work? I am on my way back."

I check the time. "Oh shoot! I didn't realize it was 6 already!" I look at the rough sketch I have for an AI that can think and work like an actual human. "Let me finish these last minute things and I'll close up!"

She chuckles over the phone as I wear my TechTonics ID back on so that I don't forget it again when I rush home to Jisoo.

//"Bye cutie! It's raining so be careful! I love you!"

I smile. "I love you too! Bye!" I put my phone aside and go back to the drawing.

I don't realize how much time passes until I check to see that it's 8. I frown because if I'm this late then Jisoo usually calls or surprises me at work.

I get a phone call from.....a hospital?

"Hello?"

//"Is this Jennie Kim?"

"Yes. What happened?"

//"Your wife has been in a car accident and is currently in the ICU."

I feel like my world stopped.

I quickly grab my things and leave.

I had a sort of out-of-body experience. I felt like everything that was happening, was happening to someone else.

The drive to the hospital.

Asking the nurses in broken sentences where Jisoo was.

Waiting on the side for the surgery be done.

The doctors coming out and telling me that they did everything they could.

Making arrangements for Jisoo's funeral in between crying and screaming in anger and regret.

I go back to work after taking 2 weeks off, feeling completely numb inside. Nothing provoked me anymore. Nothing made me angry. Nothing made me laugh.

I sit at my desk and stare at the drawing I had left.

The only thought I have is that I can't live without Jisoo.