Episode 11

|Jennie|

The next morning, I burst into Jisoo's room with a smile.

I shake her and she groans, turning away while pulling the blanket tighter around her.

I pull it off but then I realized that she can't feel the cold so I jump up on the bed turn her to face the ceiling. I straddle her waist and shake her shoulders.

"JISOO! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

She groans and opens her eyes and I smile once I see her brown ones. "What?"

"I made a new program for you so that you can drive."

She sighs. "So you didn't sleep today either?"

"No!" I say excitedly. "But I did drink a lot of coffee!"

She nods and sits up. "That explains your high energy."

I grin and get off her and on the floor. "Get up! We have to test it!"

"What time is it?" She asks.

"4 O 5!" I shout and jump up and down in excitement.

Jisoo raises an eyebrow and steps out of the bed and walks over to me.

I grin at her and she wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Calm down a bit honey," she says with a chuckle.

The honey makes my stomach flip and I actually calm down....except for my breathing, which is heavy since she called me honey.

I pull away immediately and say in a lower voice, "Follow me."

I feel her presence close behind me as I walk into my bedroom. I sit on the bed and bring my laptop into my lap. She sits across from me and watches me.

"Why are you looking at my face?" I ask while staring at my laptop.

"Trying to gauge to emotions because I can't understand you right now," she explains and pushes hair behind my ear.

I swallow and say, "Can you lower your shirt?"

She moves her hair onto one side and says, "Put me in sleep mode first."

I nod and place my laptop on the side and move closer. I reach behind and touch the back of her neck. I draw slow circles and watch her eyes close and she eventually falls on the bed on her side.

I tilt my head and look at her. Just....look.

I raise my hand and hold her face, feeling her skin that I made for months.

She's my creation....but in the month that I've gotten to know her, she has become so much more.

She's become my friend and confidant. And a source of happiness. I couldn't have asked for more.

I thought replacing Jisoo would be the only option for me but maybe I just needed a friend.

(If that friend occasionally gives me butterflies, I'm not going to question it.)

I move her shirt a bit lower and open her CPU. I plug in from my laptop into the hardware and wait a few minutes before safely ejecting it out and then closing it.

I double tap the back of her neck and her eyes flutter open.

I grin. "Ready to drive?"

••••••••••

Jisoo starts the engine and holds the steering wheel. I parked on an empty straight road in the apartment parking complex as a starting route for her. She drops her hands in her lap. "I can't do this."