Episode 6

|Jisoo|

"Do you need any help?"

"I'm fine," she says and grabs the screwdriver.

I sigh. "It's been 2 days Jennie. I don't do anything here and you won't let me leave the room."

"That's because Seulgi and Joy seem suspicious about you being human and they can't find out what you are."

"Why can't they?" I ask and slump back into my seat. "At least I can go make friends. I only have you—"

"And that's how it should be," she says and places the screwdriver on the side. "We only need each other. No one else matters."

I drop my jaw. "You can't actually believe that?"

Jennie looks at me. "Of course I do. That's how I lived with Original Jisoo for 3 years."

"Oh," I say and she goes back to building the screwdriver.

So far, all I know about Original Jisoo is that she was an amazing artist. She was married to Jennie from when she was 20 to 23. Something tragic happened and I'm guessing she died. Then Jennie started building me a year later so I probably reflect how Jisoo looked when she was 23.

"If I promise to not run into Seulgi and Nayeon, will you let me go?"

Jennie sighs. "Why do you want to leave so bad?"

"Because I'm bored!" I say.

She rolls her eyes. "Can't you find something in here to entertain you?"

"You tell me and I'll find something."

She looks at me and sighs. "Fine. But remember: no one can know that you're a robot."

"Why?"

She looks back at the prosthetic and grabs some pliers to bend something on it. "Go. Be careful."

I smile. I stand up and stand behind her. I wrap my arms around her form behind and squeeze tightly before pulling away.

I hear her mutter, "I swear to god that I feel like your mother sometimes."

"Bye Jennie!" I shout as I pull open the door and walk out.

••••••••••

I walk around the 1st floor and only end up seeing Ms.Lockheart while all the other labs are empty so I take the elevator and skip the 2nd floor to go to the 3rd and it dings open.

I smile at everything before stepping forward. There's people walking around and talking hurriedly. It's more bustling than just me and Jennie and I like it.

Jennie and I are good now. She isn't mad at me but we also don't.....click. She sees this world as such a horrible place filled with disasters and sadness but when I see anything, I feel the excitement and joy that I wish I could share with Jennie. Every time I bring it up with Jennie, she just responds with, "What's so special about that?"

She doesn't understand that this is the first time I am seeing everything.

Books. Screens. People.

Everything is so fascinating and interesting to me. But Jennie is so stuck inside herself, her job and her memories that she doesn't want to experience anything else.

Does she even care about anything but me? I don't think so.

And that's what makes me so fascinated with her.

She has this....melancholy face. Her smiles are rare and transform her face from sadness to beauty. Even when she's focused, she still looks sad. Her face is constantly pinched in pain.