Episode 5

|Seulgi|

"Did you see these results?" I ask to Joy, showing her Jisoo Cheon's paperwork.

Joy sighs. "I know. Hers were very strange."

"275 pounds. No blood pressure AT ALL. No heart rate. What is this?!"

Joy nods. "I know Seulgi! I don't understand it either!"

I drop the paper on the desk and look around me to our other coworkers working with headphones in. I look at Joy again. "What if she isn't?"

Joy rolls her eyes as I say, "Joy think about it! What if she isn't?!"

"What would she be then?"

"I don't know but she can't be human with these results!"

Joy looks confused. "So what do you want to do? Try and prove that she's not human?"

I snap my fingers. "Exactly!"

"You can't be serious."

"I am more serious than your therapist," I say in a very straightforward tone.

Joy punches my arm. "You are not allowed to bring him up. And how do you know he's serious?"

"Because all therapists....are serious?" I ask as a question at the end when I started as a statement.

Joy shake her head quickly. "We're getting off track. So you want to prove that Jisoo isn't human? Correct?"

I grin and she holds out her hand and smirks. "Let's make a bet. You owe me 50 dollars if Jisoo doesn't turn out to be human and vice versa if she does turn out to be human."

I grin and shake her hand. "It's a deal!"

••••••••••

Both of us go down and go to the receptionist.

"Hi Ms.Lynn—"

"It's Lockheart."

I chuckle lightly. "Ms.Lockheart, will you tell us which lab Ms.Cheon uses?"

"I don't know if I will."

I blink quickly and Joy asks, "Can you tell us which lab Ms.Cheon uses?"

"I don't know if I can," she says and places a stack of papers on the side.

I push Joy aside a bit and ask, "May you tell us which lab Ms.Cheon—"

"Seulgi? Joy?"

We turn around and see Jisoo, who looks confused, standing next to Jennie, who looks skeptical.

We grin and walk to Jisoo. I say, "We wanted to run your health screening again."

Jennie moves between us and Jisoo. She looks at us and asks, "Why? I thought everything went fine."

"It did," Joy responds. "We just forgot to do one test."

Jennie shakes her head. "No—"