Episode 7

|Seulgi|

"I have a plan!" I say to Joy in the bathroom.

Joy looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Are all your thoughts released to Jisoo not being human?"

"YOU WERE THERE! YOU SAW THE ELEVATOR LIGHTS!" I shout.

"I think this is an obsession now Seulgi," Joy says but I shake my head violently.

"It is so NOT an obsession! If anything, it's just the....the object of my focus!"

She sighs. "Seulgi. I don't know what to tell you. Why can't you go back to being obsessed with Irene—"

"Who says I stopped being obsessed with Irene? Irene is my obsession! Jisoo not being human is my hobby!"

"I didn't know something like that could be a hobby."

"I did some research," I say and take a step towards her.

Joy rolls her eyes. "Enlighten me."

I hold up one finger. "She might be a mermaid."

Joy's nods. "Yes but how is she surviving?"

"She turned human—"

"By?"

"—by magic." I hold up my middle finger. "Or she's a werewolf. Vampire is obviously not true—"

"Obviously."

"—stop interrupting me. She could be a werewolf. It was the full moon a few days prior to the event."

"Yes but not at the time of the event!" Joy shouts.

"Watch! I'm going to prove it at lunch!"

••••••••••
|Jennie|

*18 years prior*

"Jennie."

I look from my food to my father and see Jisoo look up as well.

"My associate's son, Kai, goes to the same school and I was wondering if you would like to go out with him for coffee."

I stare at my father. I haven't told him yet that I like girls. He's just being polite.

"When would it be because I'm busy with homework and school?"

He nods. "Of course! Yes! Is Wednesday okay? He'll bring you back home."

I nod with a smile. "Yes. That should be good."

"Great!" He says with a smile. He turns back to his conversation with Jisoo's father.

Jisoo bends her head and whispers in my ear, "What are you doing?"

I take a bite of my food and ignore the way my heart starts racing and the involuntary shiver I did at the feel of her warm breath of my ear. "Nothing. I'm just going on a date."

"Jennie," she says and the low whisper would've brought me to my knees if I hadn't already been standing.

I am so gone for her.

"You like girls Jennie," she says and I quickly look around to make sure nobody overheard us.

I push her away and look at her. I give her a look. "Not here Jisoo," I whisper.

She rolls her eyes and goes back to eating.

Jisoo was always the one more extroverted out of the both of us. I don't care that much about anything besides my overwhelming feelings for her. Jisoo doesn't even like girls! It's completely a waste of time!