THE ONE WHERE HE DIED

•••"Kol, I wish you'd just give this Silas thing a rest

•••
"Kol, I wish you'd just give this Silas thing a rest. Let this stupid group of pathetic supernaturals get on with their quest to cure poor little Elena," she paused, "Let's just leave Mystic Falls, get up to no good." She teased.

Kol's recent behaviour had been worrying the witch, he was acting more erratic and impulsive than usual— he obsessing over this Silas business. She wished he would just let it lie. She had only just gotten the original back— she couldn't lose him again.

"I cannot let them raise Silas!" He exclaimed, a pointed look at his partner for all intents and purposes, "You know what kind of hell on earth he would bring."

Rhea sighed, "Why should we let that stop us living our lives for once? I have waited years for Klaus to take that dagger out of you Kol, who's to say it won't happen again?"

"Darling, please." He held her cheeks in his hands, they were practically nose to nose, "I'm not leaving you again, don't worry."

"Then let's get out of here Kol. Why don't we go to New Orleans? There's bound to a Claire witch," she pulled a face as she said the name of her least favourite line of witches, "knocking about, why don't we finish what we started all those years ago? Make sure Klaus can't dagger you again by driving one through the wankers heart ourselves."

Kol chuckled, "Now that, that sounds fun." He pulled her into a hug, "I like the idea of that, my love."

"So let's stop this nonsense then," she pulled away to look him in the eyes, "Please, Kol."

They were interrupted by Kol's phone ringing, the original excused himself upon seeing whose name was on the screen.

Rhea furrowed a brow, she had a feeling he was not going to give up and that only heightened her fears of losing him again.

"Right," Kol started as he came back, and almost smug look on his features, "I have to take care of something. You get things ready. Once I'm done, we'll leave."

Rheas face lit up, "Really?"

Kol came and placed a kiss on the lips of the witch he loved with every fibre of his being, "Yes, darling. I'll meet you here later and we'll hit the road."

Rhea nodded, happy with his sudden change of heart, "Thank you, I love you."

"And I love you, Rhea Monroe."

•••

To say that Rhea Monroe had been ready to leave Mystic Falls a long time ago was an understatement. The town was crawling with what she perceived to be, the weakest parts of the vampire bloodline. The town had somehow turned even Klaus soft— not the notorious hybrid he once was— all in the name of a doppelgänger which Rhea found hilarious.

She had spent her afternoon making arrangements for her and Kol to leave the town for good and put it behind them and finally have their peace. Away from the Mikaelson drama, and away from those wretched daggers that Klaus loved almost as much as he loved himself.